Paint Recommendations on Oahu | FerrariChat

Paint Recommendations on Oahu

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Doc_K, Apr 22, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    Aloha all. I'm moving back to the islands soon and bringing my Giulia Quadrifoglio with me. I'm getting the PPF removed but due to driving it in the snow, I'm going to need my front rear bumpers repainted as well a few rock chips fixed here and there. Are there any places on island that you would recommend for paint work? My biggest worry is quality and having them blend the color without issue. Mahalo!

2. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I needed similar work. I needed to have the PPF removed, some minor paint work done where there had been some scrapes, the wheel arches rolled, and then PPF reapplied. I just took it to the dealership, and asked them to take care of it. I thought if there were problems with the paint, they would have more influence on the paint and body shop as a dealer than I would as an individual. They got bids from two or three shops, picked the one they felt was best, took care of getting the car to them, made sure the work was done right, and returned the car to me. The work was very well done. I subsequently had other minor paintwork necessary when a new painted part was installed, and did the same thing. In that case, the first effort by the paint and body shop was not good. The dealership took care of everything, made sure the part was repainted for free, and again returned the car to me.

I am sure this was more expensive than had I worked with the body shop directly. But, like you, my biggest worry was the quality, not the cost.

I have had only excellent experiences with the dealership. I think very highly of the lead mechanic and the manager of the service department. I believe the Alfa Romeo team is the same as the Ferrari team, although I’m not sure of that. There are those on FerrariChat who have a general dislike of dealerships, and some who specifically dislike our Honolulu dealership. I do not agree. I think they are terrific. Not cheap! But terrific.