Painting the interior?? | FerrariChat

Painting the interior??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ExoticCar.com, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExoticCar.com

ExoticCar.com Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Hopkinton, MA
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Hello all,

Was curious to ask if anyone has repainted or touched up their old Ferrari door skins, which are LEATHER, with anything? Paint or should one use boot polish?

Any recommendations i.e. Wurth vinyl paints?.... Besides leaving it alone I guess...

Cheers

2. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Oh, and a warm welcome to Ferrarichat - there really is a ton of useful info here. Is it your GT4 which needs touchup?

ttfn,
    Jon

3. ExoticCar.com

ExoticCar.com Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Hopkinton, MA
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Thanks Jon, and yes my GT4 is in need of the work, and I knew someone would point me in the right direction. Thanks for the warm welcome too... :)
    Regards,
    Glen

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I have used Leatherique's Ferrari black dye to touch up nicks and blemishes in my interior, and the match has been perfect - both on my previous 308 and my current 348.

5. ExoticCar.com

ExoticCar.com Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Hopkinton, MA
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I just found out about Leatherique too, and sounds like the best bet. I will give that a try! Thanks again guys...

6. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Leather dye is readily available. Spray on color is crap & will crinkle in heat. Get the real thing. Leather dye. Try Tandy Leather for the rough stuff. tandyleather.com