News

Parker Hall has retired

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 330gt, Jun 12, 2019.

1. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    I just heard that Parker Hall has retired. But the business, Kilimanjaro Designs, will continue. Motion Products in Wisconsin has purchased it. The plan is to continue the business using the same name, have a website (yeah), etc. It looks like some integration with MPI's mercato page has already been done. The link to Stickers and Tags (http://mpi-ferrari.com/Stickers_and_Tags.pdf) has a number of Parker's reproductions shown.

I wish Parker well in his "second" retirement and hope he will continue to attend Ferrari meets so we can all keep in touch.

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Still have a Kilimanjaro design polo shirt he gave me maaaany years ago, class, act, always a pleasure to meet him though it has been a long time too. All the best to him.

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Maybe he can now afford to have his 250 S2 Cab restored!:D

Great guy. Hope he will continue to judge at Cavallino.

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Parker Hall is an absolute gentleman and I wish him all the best in his retirement. MPI is the perfect company to take up his mantle and it is great to have them to continue to offer Parker's fine restoration items.

pshoejberg and 375+ like this.
  5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Isle of Luci
    Full Name:
    Jack
    All the best to Parker. I recently saw him at a bicycling event in north Texas. He seemed even happier than usual. Perhaps this explains it!

6. Lowell

Lowell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    I agree that Parker is a really nice guy. I have several of his products in my 330GT. He was always a pleasure to talk with and was always very helpful.

Sad, Sad, Sad, I will no longer be getting catalogues with photos that I spent hours trying to figure out what they were.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  7. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Parker, you have been a great friend to all of us, and what you have done for some of us is beyond description. Now relax!

375+ and Nuvolari like this.
  8. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior
    Owner

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Hi Parker, what will we do without your encyclopedic knowledge and kindness.
    Will miss you greatly.

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Parker always had the personal touch, his innovative spirit will be missed. As new Dino owner in 1992 I would call him up and ask Dino variety questions. Always polite and enthusiastic (yet Dinos were not his thing), this is the type of person Ferrari SpA should recognize for his passion.

Let me add, I'm sure many of us ended up contacting Parker because we could not get what we needed anywhere else or any better quality and he was a saving grace.
    Massive appreciation

Lowell and Nuvolari like this.