Parting out the 550 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Parting out the 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by TestShoot, Dec 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parker

Parker Karting

Mar 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I would be interested in the steering wheel, if you still have it. Don't really care if the airbag is still in it, because it would just be for display purposes.

You should make a list of all the bits you still have for sale (rims, tires, seats, shifter, gauges, etc.). Let us know how much you want for some of those things and I am sure they will get snapped up quickly!

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    If you go with parkers, suggestion, great. There are a few suspension related bits I'd want.

--Dan

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    car ad about 3000 miles on it, as far as gauge cluster, i suppose the odometer has to be rolled up for ya ;)

I am doing the wheel stuff last so i can still push it on the floor of the storage space.

interior is tan.

I sold the motor and seats this weekend. some of the electrics too.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    What about your fuel guage (the cluster to the side)? I wanted to pull that one apart.

--Dan

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Will yank it on sunday, i only get out there one day a week when the property owner is in town.

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Fair enough.

--Dan

7. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I would be interested in the headlights if they are not damaged and no one else has not already claimed them. Thanks

8. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Me, I would be interested in some parts, not soviers. I will try to make CC this week end.

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I just sent you an email and private message

10. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Id be most interested in the seat with the damaged rails if the price is right. Id make it into a regular chair or something.
    Maybe one of those cavallinos too, or the Ferrari badge, or the interior badge and bits and pieces if youre willing to part with them.

PM me or something.

11. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    do you have tubis? are they in good shape...please email

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Jordan, I had a guy come out for the seats this past weekend, but he was atotal dick, so I still have them.

Coachi, I had a custom exhaust that was jet-hot coated stem-stern. About the same bore as Tubis, a little throatier because they had the coating, so less vibratory noise. I will see if my assistant can get it cat-back for you.

13. Jordan Ross

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    TestShoot,

Id use the seat for an office type chair if you dont object to that and if you have any leftover Cavallinos that youd part with,

Just gimme a price range and ill tell 'santa' :)

14. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    i'd be intrested in an emblem :)

15. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    ok boys it is all gone, I got the last of it taken away this week. My dad kept a shield, I will get it monday morning from him. Boxed up and sent to Jordo :)

16. Tony Fuisz

Tony Fuisz Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Fuisz
    Can you post of picture of the 400bhp P1800?

17. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Here is a shot of it pre restoration, note the plate. these are the only pix on my hd i have to find the others in my cd case, being a photog i have around 1200 cds of image archives

For V-speed regulars the 400bhp block that blew:

B23ft block, b234 16v head extrudehone, 5 angle valvejob, double springs, hebert cam, arias pistons, crower rods/crank. stroked to 2.7l, garret super .60 from turbocity, all custom intake/exh manis, jet hot coated, huge hi flow cat to dual tip exhaust, motec m4 emu, dual 50k voltcoils ala msd.

cas was stolen and head/turbo blown

currently

b23block b230 head custom manis, stock turbo. working on new build uop after body work.

18. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    my car is in the honda silver, the fine flake one, almost matte, here is a photo of the car i used to model my body work after. very bertone in my opinion

mine is a 66 with 63 staghorn bumpers like this, i have 16" koenig toxxin rims

the current ecu has been chipped to produce 240hp with the current high flow exhaust, that is pre turbo upgrade, pre head work, and unstroked. mated to an m75 tranny or my m40 built to handle 500+hp by Topi at trs-usa in the valley

i was going to do another all stock + supercharger from OJRallye in the Maserati/Lambo pale blue metallic from the late 60's because it is such a beautiful color. my girlfriend would get the new p1800 if i go for it. rather than buy her a boxter, i'd give her a 0-60 in 5.5 volvo :)

this was taken at watkins glem by an 1800list@yahoo member.

it was the 40th anniv of the p1800

irv gordon was there, he had yet to break 2 million miles

http://www.car-data.com/xpage.preview/pre.template.asp?mfg=irv&model=gordon

"First Person to Drive Two Million Miles in Same Car Extends World Record in His 1966 Volvo P1800

Long Island's Irv Gordon, Volvo's "Two Million Mile Man," will turn historic two million miles on March 27 during Volvo's 75th anniversary party at Times Square Studios"

19. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

I had PM'd you about the rotors. Do you have them to sell now?

Thanks,

Dave

20. Jordan Ross

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Awwwwwwww...no seat for me :(

Ive seen the shooting brake version of that Volvo, it was beautiful. Love that photo!

Id like to pick up one of those coupes one day, whats a good condition, low-mile, well maintained example go for?
    A beater? (uhhhh...I mean resto project...really :) )

21. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

a p1800 in great condition will go for 8500 a resto will be 3000. my car cost me 2500 plus ~20,000 in resto and motor options because i love the look so much and i wanted major speed. a real sandbagger. my rims/tires were 4k. i will buy and sell ferraris, but this car is special.

http://www.vclassics.com/mppe1.html
    http://www.v-performance.com/about.html
    http://www.geocities.com/saintcar/P1800Performance.html

I am the pa1800 speed guru along with david at ojrallye. the p1800 he owns has been known to take #1 in vintage races past 911 and (latemodel) stangs

maybe this will help you understand my love for the ugliest car ever.

I figured i'd rather sell the 550 as a whole then to part and box/ship/meet guys and haggle.

22. Jordan Ross

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I can understand the thing on the 550, its easier to say goodbye once than 1000 times.

The p1800 may be one of the ugliest cars ever, but it was the best looking Volvo ever! I want one, and those prices are a lot lower than I expected.