Pebble Beach... | FerrariChat

Pebble Beach...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 134282, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So it seems that more than a few chatters are going to Pebble Beach in August... Why not, FERRARI IS THE FEATURED MARQUE...![/excitement contained]

In any case, can anyone give me the exact dates...? i'm also looking to find out how much the events are... i don't want to fly out to California for the weekend again, so i'm looking to make this a week-long trip... There's been some discussion about caravaning to the event from L.A. but i was hoping to get a formal, public discussion going...

Just thinking about 250s is getting me all anxious... TRs, LMs, SWBs, GTOs... Oh, man, i can't wait...! 275s, modern models, super cars, racecars and so much more...! (& NNOs...!) Was anyone here, at the event back in '94...? What was it like...? (this thread is picture-friendly:))

So let's get a list of people who are going... i want to get plane tickets soon; the sooner, the cheaper... :)

i look forward to seeing all of my California friends and meeting folks i've not yet met before...

2. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    As you already know, Carbon, I'll be there. I am booked from the 12th through the 20th. I won't be showing my cars in the concorso's as I want to be free in the afternoons to take off into the California wine country. BUT, I hope to get into some of the corrals... I will have my Stradale there, as I am dying to drive it on Laguna Seca!!! Sooooo...

If any of you have info on the corrals, please let us know.

Also, I haven't yet decided whether I want to drive my Stradale there from Texas OR have it shipped and fly. Both options have their appeal.

But if there are other Ferraristis who'd be interested in caravaning there and back... a caravan of Ferraris through the mountain roads (getting off the Interstates at times) would be enough to sway my decision in all likelihood! Let me know if there is interest.

4. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    The festivities start around noon on thursday Aug 12 in downtown Carmel.
    This is when a lot of the Pebble Beach cars stop for lunch during a tour.

You can walk up and down the street and ogle the cars. You get to see Pebble Beach quality cars for FREE!

After the meal is over the owners come out to their cars and talk to the crowd and answer questions. Around 2 pm they fire up the cars and drive off. Ahh the sounds and smells.

Make your room reservations soon. The town fills up for this weekend.
    The hotel proprietors price their product like everyone is a Ferrari owner. They are proud of their rooms.

A cheesy Best Western set us back 220 per night 4 night minimum!
    This place was very close to the road out Laguna Seca so it was centrally located to all the action.

A group of my friends will be driving up from San Diego.
    We will leave around noon on Wed. and drive to Gorman.
    We will finish up the drive to Carmel on Thurs in time to see the PB cars.
    We have a route mapped out. We will not set foot on a freeway once we reach the Angeles Crest Hiway off I15.
    Two lane twisties the whoooooooooole way!
    We are returning home on Monday 8/16. I won't have enough time off to stay for the Ferrari meet.

Erich
    can't wait and it is still 7 months away.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The tour is pretty special. It winds along the 17 mile drive, includes laps at Leguna, lunch as described.
    Last year I drove it in my MK-IV.
    Fri concourso
    Sat Leguna
    Sun Pebble
    FCA at Leguna mon-thurs.

6. Inter911

Inter911 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Been there twice..in 89 and 93. A long drive for me as I live in northern Canada up Alaska way.

Stayed at Saddle Mountain Campground in Carmel both times. Nice place, less expensive than in town, just down the road from Quail's.

It's about a 15-20 minute drive through the hills to the track. My sons counted 68 Ferraris on that drive one day. Some were parked but most were being enjoyed on the road (nice, twisty bit thru the hills). Even some of the cars from Pebble Beach passed us including at least one 250 GTO. Spectacular!

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Brian, I'm already daydreaming about driving there and back. As Winter becomes Spring, let's get in touch. I don't have any real plans yet. Although, FNA is planning a run from LA to PB. So might have to go the Southern route on the outbound and the Northern route on the return. But, then again....

Dale

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Gary, that's a gorgeous 512, too...! i can't wait to see it in person (oh, and you too, of course:D)... Thanks for the links with all the information...
    My avatar is courtesy of the most beautiful Boxer i've ever seen; red with Boxer trim, BBS wheels, tinted windows- awesome...! When she (the owner) had the car open, i just held my camera over the engine and snapped one off... That's the picture i got... One of my favorites, for sure... :)

Brian, looking forward to meeting you... That's a no-brainer, though- you gotta drive there...!

Erich, i can't wait either... Look forward to seeing you...

Hope to see you there, Mr. G....!

Inter: Even some of the cars from Pebble Beach passed us including at least one 250 GTO. <--that, alone, will make the trip more than memorable...

Hey, Dale, i hope to see you there, too...!

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    This sounds great - My wife and I are making plans on going - Hope to meet you there NNO!

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I am not 100% sure just yet but since i hounded PeterS About dinner last week and he hounded myself to make it out there i will definatly have to try and make it.

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i hope to meet you there, too, West Coast Gus...! :D

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol

No, he's the east coast slag!

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hey Dale, if you need a co-pilot/navigator just let me know! :D

-R

15. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    LOL! Despite the name change, Gary still calls him "DES"

I can already see what's going to happen at Concorso:

"Hi! What's your screen name on Ferrarichat?"

" It's NNO"

"Hey DES! Hows it going!"

:D

I made it to Concoso 2001, missed the last two (ugggg) I NEED to get to this one. Hope to see everyone there!

- Gabe

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, old habits die hard, huh...? i look forward to seeing you there, Gabe...

17. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    August 14-19. I'll be there...wouldn't miss it for the world. See you all there.

18. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

How about your Florida friends, you wanna see them too :)
    I'll be there :)

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Just told my boss i'll be taking vacation in August (i try to give him notice as soon as i know) and he just upgraded me to two weeks vacation for this year... Now i'll hit Pebble Beach AND somewhere else (FFQC, if i'm lucky...?) without missing any pay...! WOOHOOOOOOO...!!!

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Martin...! DEFINITELY gotta see my Fine Feathered Floridian Friends...! i can't wait to see you, too, buddy...! (Hint: Don't rent a pick-up truck this year:D)... Is Marion coming...? Tell her i said hello...

21. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I'll be there with one VERY sweet '77 Euro 308!

22. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Im pretty sure Ill be able to make this show. A few of us from SoCal might be caravanning up north to the show.

23. toms

toms Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    I attended in 1994 and will be there again in August. The replys above have been correct regarding dates and events, but you have to be there to experience it. If you can only go one year, this is it.

Some thoughts:

This is the 100th Anniversary of Rolls Royce and they will be featured all week with thier own party. In fact, they have rented Laguna Seca for the Tuesday after Pebble. Why, I have no idea...just watch out driving around Carmel!

Rumor is there will be 5 classes (one class is planned to show only Mille Miglia, Le Mans, Targa, and Daytona winners and another of only one-off show cars) at Pebble this year for Ferraris, so Thursday's Rally will be a great time to preview the cars. They do a lap of Laguna Seca, so they can be seen there, as well as Ocean Avenue.

Friday will have most Ferraris at CI, with the difference being that there will be only the featured Dino's being judged. All other Ferraris will be display only. The reason is to save judges for Pebble and the following National Meet. Although Ferraris will not be featured, The Quail (at Quail Lodge) will be the high end event of the weekend.

The track at Laguna will probably have the largest attendance ever. Get there early and thank goodness for the alternative entrances. My suggestion is to take South Boundary Road and pay for the Ferrari Corral. I believe the FCA is trying to have a special viewing tent for members.

Those staying for the FCA National Meet have a real treat. The rally on Monday around Monterey, Tuesday's fantastic concours at Quail Lodge, and Track days Wednesday and Thursday (including a Challenge Race) at Laguna Seca.

I expect there will be more to do and more Ferrai's than 1994. In 1994, Duke video produced a video of the week. I expect there will be DVD's this time.

24. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Start packing! Well, actually, start non-packing, not much room in the beast. Actually, I have thought about trying to gin up some charity money. You know line up sponsers to pay so much per mile. But hey, I thought you are supposed to be working this Summer. You will not have time to play! :)

DrTax

25. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Think it's too late to get a room there? I gotta make some calls in the next day or two