Periodically I ask is there a Detroit area gallery with automotive art? | FerrariChat

Periodically I ask is there a Detroit area gallery with automotive art?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by bitzman, Aug 2, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    How many car designers are there in Detroit yet I never hear of a gallery there specializing in car art. (Not counting the DIA which recently featured some '50s design sketches after 30 years of showing NO automotive art unless you want to count the Diego Rivera murals) I have one theory that, since pro designers could do a better painting, they hate to buy one that is inferior, but that's like saying pro musicians don't buy recordings by other musicians. Camilo Pardo, the former Ford designer, has a gallery or two but I'm presuming they are mostly of his own art. 'Preciate any leads....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    David Chapple I believe is in the Detroit area

www.davidchapple.com

I have bought artwork from him as well as a bench/picnic table from him made in homage to my 2004 360 Spider....Long since sold the car but still have the bench, great guy, awesome artist