PF Coupe, s/n 1687GT for sale, Gullwing | FerrariChat

PF Coupe, s/n 1687GT for sale, Gullwing

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Bryanp, Jul 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
  2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Doesn't seem all that cheap to me. PF Coupes are probably $600-700k cars at best (and maybe not even that), and this one, even to an originality fan like me, probably needs a full restoration. If anything, I'd say it is priced a little high.

A partially restored, but in pieces, PF Coupe sold on BaT for $100k less a few years ago, and PF Coupe prices haven't gone up.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-ferrari-250-gt-pf-coupe-2/

3. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Don - you misinterpreted my "ouch"; I think it's a choker price for a car that needs everything. A few years ago, I asked Tom Y to go to Gullwing for me to check out a 2400 Fiat Dino Spyder and a Maserati 3500GTi; pricing, IMO, was similarly substantially high given the condition. More power to Peter K if he can get it. I always seem to be shocked by what certain projects end up selling for!

donv and readplays like this.
  4. V12addict

V12addict Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    Another 300k in restoration and you are on your way. Never clean the dust and the cobwebs since it shows " patina " and brings more money .

Bryanp likes this.
  5. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Another 300K in restoration will barely even get this thing running......:D

375+, Bryanp, V12addict and 1 other person like this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So you can buy one of the many PFs available today, already restored or in pretty top shape for $500k or so or be out of $800k and 3 years of work for the same result (roughly..).

Bryanp, RamsHmb and V12addict like this.
  7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Let’s not forget the asking price could simply be based on the fact that there are still plenty of individuals willing to pay it just to “sacrifice” this car for yet another fake California Spider, SWB, etc. rather than ending up with an authentic (& respectful ?) Ferrari for less money by restoring it back to original configuration,…

… which for (too ?) many may not seem like a “smart” move, but in the long run will likely prove to be one when all the fakes will continue to depreciate in the secondary market like most other “new” cars.

Bryanp likes this.
  8. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    Having lived with a survivor 250 coupe for awhile now, they seem undervalued. This is a true, raw driving experience, leather and gasoline and beautiful controls, capable at speed even now, in elegant Pininfarina coachwork. An Enzo-era (when the production funded the Scuderia) V-12! Not sure about the barn find value here, which does seem high although it posts as SOLD, but the upper level still seems low compared to much of the vintage market. I'm biased but love this era Ferrari for so many reasons, not least the fact that so many legendary drivers raced cars whose DNA was not so far from the limited number production cars of the time. The later models have their distinguishing aspects, but those first 15 years or so seem like a (one of many, perhaps) golden age for the marque.

9. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    first 20 yrs or when chenetti quit racing the NART cars.

10. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Sold. ,,!
    wow, pretty car.