News

Piaget Dancer

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by GregD, Mar 29, 2004.

1. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hello everyone,

I have been interested in purchasing a Piaget Dancer for the past year or so, but have been hesitant due to my lack of jewelry buying experience and the wide range of prices that the watch is being sold for.

Originally, a jeweler advised me the list price is $ 14,000 but that amount was negociable, basically he would sell the watch for about $ 12,xxx. Since then, I have seached the internet and found prices ranging from $5,000 to 9,000. with two styles of band.

I'm specifically looking for the yellow gold without the diamonds, new, papers, and manufacturer's warranty. Some co's offer their own warranty ive noticed.

Ive thought about visiting the Los Angeles Jewelers mart as a business associate's daughter bought her a Cartier for about 25% off retail. Not sure what to expect or what I should know going in there.

I was wondering if anyone had an insight with regards to purchasing watches, why the big differences in price on what apprears to be the same watch, the do's and dont's, the jewelry marts, etc.

I would really appreciate any information you could provide.

Thanks,

Greg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. El Wayne

El Wayne Global Moderator
    Global Moderator Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Hi Greg,

My experience has been that virtually everyone will give you 35-40% off of suggested retail on anything but a Rolex. For huge discounts on Rolex, shop Hong Kong.