Pick one; F430 manual, Scuderia, 458 or 599 ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pick one; F430 manual, Scuderia, 458 or 599 ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LightGuy, Nov 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Pick one; F430 manual, Scuderia, 458 or 599F1 ?

1. F430 manual

2. 430 Scuderia

3. 458

4. 599F1

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    Last year I had same problem. Now I have 599 for one year and I think it was great choice. I have Porsches too. Next I’m thinking about 512tr. In past, I was looking for Testarossa, but afther many years with MB CIS KE-Jetronic, I prefer 512tr with Motronic injection system.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą FerrariChat

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm rapidly approaching a decision point on what to go after. Have no interest in 599 or a manual 430.

In my situation (somewhat meager income compared to you high rollers or British YouTubers) preserving capital. counts, but still want to buy the car that is the most appealing.

So I voted Scuderia, but haven't yet driven a 458.

daytona355 and Makuono like this.
  3. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I would have voted the same way before I drove a 458. Lol

4. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    So, honestly... how many of us voted for another car than the one we own, or used to own?

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    458 any day for general use.

F1 tranny sucks. Already have a 360 with a stick..

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Trouble is, I’m ashamed to say I’ve had all of em! (Although the 430 was F1,not manual), should’ve kept em all, especially the scud

bberg009, vdettore and Bas like this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #32 Caeruleus11, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    I've owned them all and gave my opinion which is if you will be doing longer highway drives the 599 is really the best choice here. The 430 generation cars feel light on the front end at slightly elevated highway speeds (say 80MPH+) and thus aren't as confidence inspiring on highway sweepers. The 458 is better in this regard but it still can get light. I suspect in this 80-100 range the aero downforce is not quite really working hard enough to make a difference but the front is getting light. I would imagine at even higher speeds, which I wouldn't do on a highway, the downforce would help this out a lot. On the track I never thought my Scud's front end felt light. Just my theory. The 599 is always planted, but, its a big car, and feels it at lower speeds or when you are really not going for it. If you have it at the track and can push through all the suspension travel and accompanying body lean, the car is really very nimble. On the highway, if you have the space, that V12 is glorious and can run for ever. I would feel the aero working around 90MPH+ and the car would get better and better the faster I would go. The Scud is a bit rough around the edges for driving on public roads (purely subjective). I currently have the 458 and the F430 stick and I love them both for different reasons. So for me the question is in part- what kind of driving will you most often do with this car? If its typical sports car back roads and sometimes highways and shorter journeys, then I would get the 458- its also the most modern of the choices, if that makes a difference to you. If its mostly longer highway type trips, its the 599. And if you want stick its the F430 and if you want something that feels "raw" then thats the Scud.

Something else to ponder regarding values. While they made more 458s, I think the 458/F12 generation will always maintain a healthy premium over the 430/599 generation because the DCT and other refinements. Most buyers these days seem to want that instant speed and the cars with the single clutch system or stick shift just don't offer that. Yes, the enthusiasts will always go for stick shift- I am also a driving enthusiast! But, the market place is speaking.... case in point: 599 GTO vs F12tdf. Is the TDF really worth 2x a 599 GTO? They made more TDF..... Its a huge price difference. Some of it is attributable to being the latest and greatest, but thats still a huge price difference. You are seeing this with other cars as well. Dealers are also echoing this... This is a counter argument to the production numbers of the 458 being more than the 430 and especially the 599. The Scud is a little bit of a different story, but lets compare Scud to Speciale... is a Speciale really worth nearly 2x from the Scud? And if so then whats the price difference between a 430 and a 458. Its no where near that amount. It begins to make the 458 look like a (relative!) bargain.

In the end you need to get the one your heart goes for- because while you are right to consider the financial side- its ultimately about what makes you happy.

338Lapua, bberg009, Afonsolaw and 3 others like this.
  8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've only owned a 456M, 308 GTSi and 360 Modena so far, so none on this list. But my 360 is a manual, so in the ballpark, and my 456M was a front V12, so I understand the high RPM roar of the flat-plane V8's and the engagement of the manual, and the effortless torque of the V12's.

That's why the 430 stick was my first choice, and the 599 F1 was my second.

9. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    even better, LaFerrari manual.

;)

alternatively, Enzo Hybrid.

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I owned 3 of the 4 mentioned and I voted for the 458 because it's my favorite

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.