Picked up a new toy — 2006 QP Sport GT | FerrariChat

Picked up a new toy — 2006 QP Sport GT

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Performante, Jun 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Performante

Performante Karting

Apr 14, 2015
    KY
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #1 Performante, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    About a week ago, I pretty much impulse bought a 2006 QP Sport GT. I was a little worried about buyer's remorse setting in within the first week or so, but my experience with the car and putting over 2,000 miles on her already has only reinforced my decision to pull the trigger on the Maserati I've always wanted. :)

She's getting a full correction done on both the interior and the exterior by Studio A in Louisville, KY, and I'm pumped to get her back out and on the road.

She'll be accompanying me on several 1,000 and 2,000+ mile road trips this year (Key West, Boston, New York City), so it's a driver for sure—just as it was meant to be.

All of these pictures are pre-detailing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Glad to hear, I like these cars as well and you have the perfect color combo! Hate the black rims though. What are you having done to it when you say the interior and exterior are getting a full correction?

3. Performante

Performante Karting

Apr 14, 2015
    KY
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #3 Performante, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks! And yes, I agree when it comes to the black wheels. They're coming off ASAP. I'm looking to go more toward the route of Neptune wheels.

There were some pretty obvious imperfections in the paint as well as some dents. There was also some dye transfer in the seats and I wanted to have the buttons de-stickied.

4. LC3929

LC3929 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    If the car is running well, it's the perfect car for these purposes. I am using my QP the same way. It is comfortable yet exotic and very nice to drive.

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Very nice looking QP...love those colors. The front grill ma have been changed as the Sport-GT gets the black mesh grill, and there should be a "Sport-GT" badge on the rear pillar of the front doors.