Pics from the Drive 4/18/04 | FerrariChat

Pics from the Drive 4/18/04

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by chasking, Apr 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    #1 chasking, Apr 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    #2 chasking, Apr 18, 2004
  3. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    #3 chasking, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Chuck

Thanks for posting, it was great to see everyone today. I hope the guyd had a good run.

All the best
    Norm

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thanks for the pics. I'll have to be sure and make the next one.

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I've got some good pics, but I am completely brain farting on how to resize them for posting.... any suggestions?

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Photoshop-->Image-->Resize Image-->then max pixel size of 640

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Nice Pix!! I have some that I'll post as soon as I get 'em back. (Doesn't look like my Seefood Diet is working,either...:( )

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Don't degrade yourself Frank. At least when you turn sideways you don't become invisible like I do...

It looks like the drive was a lot of fun. Those pics are great and the cars look wonderful. Even from the pictures I can see that those replica classics are real eye catchers. Was the 360 F1 or manual? Did a lot of kids wave and truckers blast their airhorns? What's with the Vette? Did the 512 just stop by at the meeting place or did he tag along too?

I wish I would have gone but I had work to do. Sounds like Andreas would have given me an award just for showing up with a V12...

I went to Motorwerks of Barrington on Saturday in the 575 to schedule a service call for a Benz. I thought I'd be the top gun but right out in front was parked a red Enzo. They parked us together and I just missed meeting the owner...

Glad you boys and gals had a nice drive. I hope to be at the next one.

RocketBoy

10. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Looks like quite an outing! Hey Andreas, did I see an open-top Forreri in one of those pics?!

11. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Chelle, great photos, thanks for posting.

Rocketboy, sorry that you had to work, as did I, so I couldn't make the run just met everyone at the start point. Next time.

All the best
    Norm

12. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Frank's great! and the camera adds 10 pounds! : ) heck I just lost a bunch of weight and looking at the pics I think I must have had two or three cameras on me.. lol..it is cumulative right?
    The drive was great fun as usual : ) Thanx again to Dave for putting it all together..
    Everyone has been nice about the replica's Kim and I brought - in part maybe because most seems to see them for what they are to us.. a fun tribute to a very rare unobtainable toy : ) and maybe we get a little leeway because we're both car nuts and have other toys that actually were originally born in Italy.. or cause we're girls who work on our own cars.. either way I for one am grateful for the reception we get

The 360 was a real 6 speed : ) just as God intended
    lots of people "noticed" us coming through .. lol, a kids fell off his bike.. there was some thumbs up horns blowing and such most of the way there was small country roads and small towns.. which didn't stop us on one occasion from getting into triple digits ... I like hanging towards the back of the group because it's a great vantage point to see some of the silliness people do seeing the cars.., well, and because if I drop back from time to time it's a chance to open it up a little .. I need a headset though.. can't hear the two way radios when shifting

The Vette convertible is Dave Sweet.. really nice guy into cars.. that one he drove has some insane aftermarket mods... last summer on a drive he held back on one long straight and in no time blasted up at like 165.. he does the driving events and has a few other interesting toys too maybe eventually we'll convince hime to get an F-car
    Sorry you had to work.. I was looking forward to seeing the 575... I have a thing for front engine cars too... love to find a wounded 575 and use all the modern components to make a sorta street rod 250 GTO.. a good accurate body with 550/575 suspension, drivetrain, interior ets.. we got back by like 3:30... I had to go in to the hospital for some system issues too : (
    I need to get my other GTO back from paint and get it together.. course when that happens we'll prolly have a drive with 6 other V12's.. lol

make sure you come sometime! : )
    some sundays we go to Freddy's.. a Dock bar... course yesterday teh wind was too much for that..
    talk soon!
    Chelle

13. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    you're welcome Norm.. wish you could have followed.. the 512 was beautiful : ) would have added to the great sounds I heard yesterday : )
    Chelle

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Forreri, I like that. And probably truer as time goes by. Wait for the next apparition of the Forreri, it will look quite different. Again.

Rocketboy, Norm, Billiam et al., I might just come up with a real 12 cylinder award. I'm thinking along the lines of you get a point for each event you show up with your 12 cyl and at the end of the year we tabulate.

As I got into town I encountered a Mondial spider. We waved. Nobody I ever saw at any of our events.

15. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    We saw Norm heading the other way on 94 as we were leaving the Oasis. I was afraid something had happened to his car---glad that wasn't the case. As you know I was standing by the on-ramp taking pictures as everyone was leaving, and as sweet as all the cars sounded, I could sure hear the difference when Norm opened up that big 12.

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In addition to the 4 cylinders more Norm also has a tubi.

When I was following Tod with his newly installed tubi I heard HIS engine as opposed to mine...while sitting in MY car.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    In the years Dave and I have been doing these drives, this was the first one I've missed.....RATS!!

Chelle, and all; we'll definitely be going to Freddies a few times this summer.

For those of you who have never been there, you'll find out why we like it so much.

Skip

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks,Rocketboy. I am just having a little fun with my curent,"Chubby" status. I am planning on getting back into the Gym just as soon as my Doctor says that it's O.K. I saw him last week,and he said "6 more weeks"....:(

But,yes,I really must thank Dave for setting up that fantastic Drive...LOTS of Fun! Junior really enjoyed himself,too. (he was out like a light on the way home....:) ) Great Route. That was alot of Fun. We "opened it up " just a little,though. I don't take any chances with him in the car...And,you've all heard of my other "Accidents". So,better to be on the Safe side with him in the car...My luck,just as I crest a hill,a tractor would be crossing,or a Cow,or something....:(

Nice to meet Tony,and Lil' Tony,too. Great to have met you guys,and everyone else that we haven't met,too. Hope that you also enjoyed the Drive...:) And,hope to see you again at future Drives and Events! It was nice to have more than just 3X8's. I always say. "The More the Merrier!"

We just took HWY 50 all the way back East to 94. We cruised right through Downtown Lake Geneva. Cute little Town. Had a Guy in a Big Pickup truck shout out "Sweet Ride!" (yeah,I know....:) )

And,Kim and Chelle...You guys ROCK!!!! Hope to see you and those Beautiful GTO's all Summer!!!

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #21 FerrariFrank1, Apr 19, 2004
    BTW...Rocketboy. Check out this picture. My Wife and I visit Phoenix and Scottsdale a couple times a year. Once,while we were at Alice Coopers Restaraunt in Phoenix,"Cooperstown". He was there. He graciously spent alot of time chatting with us about Music,Cars,BBQ,whatever. (He and I both know a BBQ Restaraunt owner,here in the Chicago Area,too) And,we got some Pix,and some of his Merchandise Autographed. (I've seen Alice in Concert several times in the past 30 years.)

Anyway. Alice noticed that I was wearing a Ferrari T-Shirt. So,He asked me if I had a Ferrari. I told him,"Yes,a 308". (He had a Black TR) He asks,"You fit in that thing O.K.?" I said,"Yes,Like a Glove...:)"

So,a little while later. we were eating,and he was eating at the table next to us,with a guy in a Suit. We continued chatting with him. I ordered Alice's "BBQ Platter" which has a sampling of most of his Fare. But,it's pretty big. Alice says, "A couple more meals like that and you won't fit in that Ferrari anymore" :) I thought it was pretty Funny.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #22 Dave Bendl, Apr 19, 2004
    It's good to hear everyone arrived home safely. I don't know about you guy's but I must have drank a gallon of water when I got home. The sun & wind really dried me out. But it was worth it. Can you believe 86 deg in April?
    An absolute perfect day for a drive.

Chuck,
    It was nice meeting you. When we have another drive, either bring the Alfa,
    or if you prefer, as long as my wife doesn't come with, your welcome to ride shotgun with me.

Heres some additional pics.

Happy Motoring !
    Dave

21. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Dave, i drank a few gallons of water too, in fact i had to stop before i got home, i was dieing to get some water.... Maybe it was the scrambled eggs??? HAH!!

Your second picture was about 30 seconds before Andreas's Car almost got creamed by a large tanker truck flying over that hill... HAH!

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

23. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Thanks for the offers, guys. You present me with quite a dilemma---it would be a blast to ride with you, but it's also always a blast to exercise the Spider. Actually, I hope I can talk my wife into coming along. She's still a little leery of this whole Ferrari idea, but I figure the more time I can get her to spend among this group, the better.

If she can't make it, maybe that will be the old "sign from God" that I should ride along with you. :)