Picture help cabriolet detail | FerrariChat

Picture help cabriolet detail

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Pero, Oct 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Mondial Cab 1985.
    After having closed the top, the two handles are secured by a short leather (?) strap that holds them in place. I do not have those and would appreciate some pictures. Dimensions would be nice, are they closed with a Tenax or a push button?
    /Peter

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    On my 1988 Cab, the strap comes out from the side of the roof latch on the windshield header, so some extra length of strap would be necessary to have it clamped under this latch. Without removing the latch I can't tell for sure how the end is affixed. In any event, the part coming out of the latch is 118mm long, and wraps back on itself 40mm, so you would need the total length of the strap before the extra for affixing noted of about 158mm. The end has a snap fitting on it. The strap is 15mm wide, and is made from leather folded over meeting in the middle on the underside, looks glued rather than stitched. Having trouble loading pictures, will do so if I can.

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada

Attached Files:

4. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Great! Just what I needed. Not sure what the second photo is but I will figure it out and make two straps using the measurements you made.
    Thanks!
    /Peter

5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The second pic is where the strap goes under the latch on the header, it just disappears under there so must be just affixed by squashing it between the latch and the header.

6. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Ok, got it.
    Peter