Pista is the fastest car in Autocar's supertest! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Pista is the fastest car in Autocar's supertest!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dilusha, Nov 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'd stil do the research on your own.

F12 is/was a great car. I'd say F12 in the ferrari lineup is the car that most should buy because the typical owner use of an exotic car is in line with what an F12 is made for .

F12 and 720s is the only two cars that my wife drove and likes to sit in as a passenger (FWIW).

iloveferrari, Jo Sta7 and Solid State like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Funny- my wife hates riding in the 488. She tolerates it. She loves the 720.

Frankly I hate driving with her. God forbid I take the rpm above 3000- she starts freaking out.

iloveferrari and Ash Patel like this.
  3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    have her take magazines etc in the car with her. That cured the back seat driving with my wife :)

4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #129 noone1, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Yea, well, McLarens don't have a problem starting. They start up just a often as any other car. For all the **** that was wrong with mine, it always started.

You keep saying nonsense. The only reason I don't have a car right now is because there's none I really want. The ones I like are just too expensive and I see no reason to keep an exotic I don't really care about in the city. Sorry, not going to drop 2 million on a Valkyrie and I've applied for the NFGT twice now. Also not going to keep a 720s in central Berlin unless I feel like I really want it. I don't though. Waiting for newer stuff that might pique my interest.

Not everyone wants the cars you want. You barely have time to post here because you're sooooo busy. Who cares? I work smart, not hard. I have time.

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They have come a long way in the 6 years since you’ve owned your last car.

Jo Sta7 and IPO1 like this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its the same few fanboys. Most here are car enthusiasts and appreciate each marque for what they are. Others need to make themselves feel better about their choice and then of course there are those who have zero ownership experience. I dont get the idea of hating on what someone else chooses - very weak individuals indeed.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #132 Shadowfax, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Guess i must have imagined what i saw with my own eyes to 2 of the 3 current model 570’s there on the day :rolleyes:

As i was pointing out beforehand, from what ive personally seen, and heard from actual Mac owners, the reliability has demonstrated to be an ongoing issue moreso than the others. The reliability evidently sits much alongside the likes of AM, Lotus ...also british cars. This is not a secret in the real world of Mac owners who are honest enough as owners to call a spade a spade. In saying that, im not saying Ferrari doesnt have issues either - just not as many. These electronic issues you admit to are still alive and well in the current cars and, they cause the cars to break down in inconvenient places.

Insofar as your other story goes about why you dont own a car reads as yet another conflicting litany of complete utter nonsense. In one breath you say the cars you want are too expensive - the next breath you cant drive them anyway even if you did own them - and then on your final gasp of BS say you work so smart, not hard, however clearly not smart enough or you would have the money to buy what you say you want. Too funny!! Work harder!

MANDALAY, IPO1, SoCal to az and 2 others like this.
  8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #133 ylshih, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    P&R posts deleted.

7 day ban for tekaefixe for repeated violations, 2 day ban for dustman for throwing a P&R post into the mix.

P.S. please report posts for mod review. Posting complaints on thread has a much lower chance of getting attention.

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You have no statistical data to say Ferraris break down more or less than McLaren, that much is clear. Your anecdotal evidence is equally as meaningless as mine them. I've been a member of McLaren Life since early on and it's seldom that they strand people in inconvenient places. Most problems are just like ever other brands -- dash lights and things of convenience. Batteries are probably the number 1 "won't start" problem, as expected. But hey, when's the last time McLaren's had catastrophic engine failures like the GT3 or were at significant risk of buring down like 458s? **** happens, right?

Yes, go around telling others what they can afford and why they do and don't want stuff. LOL. Surely you know more about myself than even I do.

Why don't I own a Valkyrie (aside from likely not even being able to get allocation anyway)? Well, because I just don't think any car is worth that much. 4 years ago the LF/P1/918 were like $1-5-2M, and now the Valkyrie ****s all over it. What's the going rate for an LF right now? Probably more than a Valkyrie which, again, ****s all over it every way possible. AMG One? Will **** all over those cars. Even a Senna is cheaper than the 918/LF/P1 and will eat them for lunch.

Right now a 720S and Pista have similar performance to $1-2M cars from 4 years ago, and it's way more usable too. Yeah, I'm not interested in spending millions of dollars just to have bragging rights to be the top dog for a few years.

I assume the 488 is the car of your dreams, right? There's not a single car you can afford buy just don't think is worth the money, right? 488 broke the bank and you can only dream of the day where you have enough money to buy an LF? :rolleyes:

Don't quit your day job, dude. And don't pretend like you don't have time to post on here LOL. You don't post more on here for the same reason I don't go buy a 488 -- we just don't want to LOL.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Mike I appreciate your passion and persistence on these forums. You have thick skin and have been a sport for all the crap thrown your way so kudos to you.

However I say this with respect- you just have no credibility. You don’t own a single sports car and yet you are talking about 2-3 million dollar hyper cars.

I mean go buy a Porsche, he’ll, buy a Toyota Supra for all I care. But to sit there and try to justify why you won’t buy a 918 or a La Ferrari because the performance of a 720 is similar is ludicrous.

If that’s the case- go buy a 720. Or a 488. Or a 911. Buy anything.

But until you do, it’s impossible to take anything you write seriously- you have no skin in the game. You have declared your disdain for all things exotic. So to sit here and listen to you lecture actual owners and enthusiasts- it’s really is Just all comical.

Again- please take this in the spirit that it’s intended and I certainly will acknowledge that I’ve given you enough crap here but to me it’s warranted and justified till you are an actual owner of a car. Any car.

MANDALAY, theplanner and IPO1 like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Talk about circular excuses. I don't own a car because no current super car is of interest and the cars that do interest me I cannot afford. However, existing super cars are superior to the previous group of hyper cars and cost a fraction of their price.In any event I dont need a car and do not even like driving. Besides which, all cars at street speeds drive exactly alike.

But I do offer endless opinions on cars and regardless of the continuous mocking I am subjected to, I will not be deterred and will continue to habitually post even if they have little or no value.

theplanner likes this.
  12. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Because it's not about owning them 24/7. I sold mine a year ago, going into Winter. I've literally been without a exotic car for 6 months of good weather in the last 10 years. I put like 2500 miles per year on them, road trips, coffee trips, supermarkets, everything. I know what it's like to live with a mid-engine exotic. NA, Turbo, RWD, AWD. Modded, stock, manual, DCT. Do I know what it's like to live with every single one? No, but I also just don't care that much. I don't listen to Spotify on random hoping to hear every song in existence before I die. I've driven enough cars to know what I care about and what I like, and as you probably know, it's design more than anything nowadays. And yes, I look for some sense of value. I actually like a low margin manufacturer and product since it's an indication I'm paying more for the car than the badge. I'd prefer not to have to be a "good", worthy customer to write a $300K check. Take my money, give me my car.

Like I said, I have an application in for the FGT. Had one in a year ago too, but didn't get allocation. If I get selected, I'll buy it. If not, I'll continue to wait for something else that I think looks as cool. Gimme a Valkyrie with a TT V6, 600 hp, no electric motor, and made with aluminum for $350K. I'll be all over it.

So in the meantime, I wait. Plenty of other things to do and spend money on.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Interesting. I have an allocation for the space shuttle. If I get it, I will too buy one.

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ok I can’t let this slide. You sold your car last year- but have been without a car for only 6 month of good weather. This means you have not owned a car this past year but have for the last 9?

Which ones? You talk about your MP 12- what else have you owned?

Trying to help you get your credibility back but I fear you are just digging a deeper hole.

15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    SoCal ... you know that 'bad weather' they have in LA (well at least what his location says). No-one where do you live?

16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #141 noone1, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Huh? In early 2008 bought R8. Owned it, modded it to TT. Sold it going into Winter. So I missed what, 6 months of driving this past year? It don't live in Southern California. It already snowed at my home in the US. Driving season is about over and stays over until like April. Spent most of the Summer traveling as well.

So if I add up the miles on my cars, it's about 25K over 9-10 years. Judging by the mileage on most Ferraris I see for sale, I'd say I'm about par.

I'm only in my early 30s. Obviously I'm not going to have owned dozens of cars. If I only bought V8 Ferraris, I'd have had what, a 458 and a 488? The ass-end of a F430 too? I mean, I know I worked smart, but I wasn't worth millions of dollars when I got my drivers license lol

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Jesus! He lives in LA???? Yeah- the 32 years I lived there - lots of bad weather.

Christ- I thought he was in like CANADA or something. Freaking LA???

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't live in LA, and my name isn't Mike. Shocking, I know, that I don't list all sorts of identifying info on the Internet. Would you be shocked to know I live in several places, none of which are LA?

Not all of us want to post our license plates and addresses and names everywhere on the Internet.

20. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Does this look like LA? Do you see where I put my front plate? Shocking, I know, that I'm not fully transparent with everyone on the Internet.

21. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Noone owned a 12c. He lives or kept his car in the Midwest. I like reading his posts. Maybe not the most popular opinions but he's not a one trick pony.

Couple of guys from Australia and Canada that are one trick ponies (mclaren basher and pump up performante).

xskier likes this.
  22. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OMG, look, a supposed R8 and McLaren, in a garage somewhere in the US that might not be LA. What else might be in a garage at some other place in the world? Perhaps you'd like my accountants email so you can get a complete list of titles and assets?

23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    If that's what you've owned, I wouldn't hold your breath for a FGT allocation...

PS - Why lie about location. Just put midwest or nothing. I don't think anyone is rushing to steal a 12C.

MANDALAY, Shadowfax and SoCal to az like this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Fair enough. I still can’t take you seriously though.
    :)

stavura and IPO1 like this.
  25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I used to be closed minded. Thinking one brand was the best and everything else was just crap. its Just not the case. Unless some company starts paying me a salary- I offer equal opportunity praise or criticism and I don’t think a check is coming anytime soon for me.