Pop ups are from hell. . . | FerrariChat

Pop ups are from hell. . .

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TheScarletStang, Mar 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    so yah im trying to play one of those famous massive online multiplayer games, and i can't play for more then 10 minutes at a time without a popup closing my window and causing more frustration then a bull fighting a matador. . . .i downloaded all types of popup blockers, none seem to work, they keep most popups from showing up but 1 always gets thru. . .does anyone know of any good blockers, or ways to eliminate popups without rebooting my computer to facotry settings?

2. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
  3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Any luck cleaning things up Sean? The suggestions should work out well for you. If you are still having problems, look through the link in my sig, or drop me a PM.

5. S0ul_R3Venant

S0ul_R3Venant Karting

Nov 30, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Mozilla works well, I used CrazyBrowser...it's similar to mozilla

6. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    wow so many to choose from! well i will try Mozilla and the link in your signature Schatten, i really appreciate your guy's help, now hopefully i can play without interuption from any spyware programs, now that my comp is set up like an Abhrams M1-A Tank ^_^

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I use firefox with spellbound spell check and have had no problems.

8. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Bubbaland, USA
    Full Name:
    Disgruntled Dave
    Try this, in your Internet options setting, hit the Privacy tab, then Advance and in there you select in the First-party cookies "Over ride automatic cookie handling", "Allow first-party cookies". In the Third-party cookies, select "Block". After that you de-select, "Alway allow session cookies". Clear your Temp Internet files, Cookies and History and that should help out a lot.