Sponsor

Sep 24, 2019
    Van Nuys, CA
    Full Name:
    R3 Motorsports
    #1 R3 Motorsports, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Hello everyone,

Recently there has been a lot of talk about the new Porsche GT2 Clubsport. In our humble opinion, it seems to be very similar in spec to our Ferrari Challenge 488 cars except ironically the Porsche comes with a much higher price tag. Never thought a Ferrari could be considered a great bargain… lol

We are thinking about bringing out one of our Challenge cars and our “stig” at this weekends The Thermal Club Race and giving the Porsche a run for its money. We are pretty sure our horse can outrun theirs :p

What do you guys think?

Thecadster likes this.
  2. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    My guess is the GT2 will be faster in a straight line (GT2RS is almost 700 hp and 0-60 in 2.6 secs!), but the Challenge car will be better on the brakes and corners. GT2 better for the gentleman driver and going fast on straights and the Challenge car for the race craft. I believe I am getting a GT2 early 2020 (street car) but I havent driven it yet. James Sofronas/GMG Racing has and runs the GT2 race cars at Thermal and would be a great source of info.

3. R3 Motorsports

Sponsor

Sep 24, 2019
    Van Nuys, CA
    Full Name:
    R3 Motorsports

That sounds about right, which would make it interesting to see which car would actually be faster around the track, they are both close to 700 HP. We are at Thermal this weekend as well as we have one of our facilities on site. Depending on how everything goes we may end up putting one of our world renowned coaches into one of our 488's to see how it compares to the GT2 Clubsport. Thank you for your input.