POS computer!!!!! | FerrariChat

POS computer!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by robiferretti, Mar 16, 2004.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    anyone know the best program to recover files?

I was moving all the pictures on my computer to one folder, so i can back them up on CD. One of the pictures wouldn't copy over because it was named the same as another file. Since the picture wasn't of any interest i clicked shift delete and hit enter, but the damn computer started deleting all my pictures, It stayed on the "select all" function i used to drag and drop the pictures and carried the selection to the destination folder! I lost all my vacation pictures from last year! anyone help here? i tried one file recovery program and it got about 10 percent of the pictures, but they are all the pictures i dont care about, none of my vacation

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

if you have norton then the pics should be in a backup / protected file.you may be able to open" my recent documents" and see which pics are there. there is a way to restore them , but other than going to a previous " restore" point i cant remember which utility to use. did they goto the recycle bin only??? if then you can select to restore them one at a time. permanent delete will take some hunting. dont let your computer do a de frag until you have found them!!! after a defrag they cant be recovered!

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    rob , try going to " file" and " restore" in the pics file you were in. this should do it, hope it works!!!

5. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.