Poss F355 sale. GTS 6 SPD, valve's done. Eng out 4/30/19 | FerrariChat

Poss F355 sale. GTS 6 SPD, valve's done. Eng out 4/30/19

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by FLORIDAsnakeEyes, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Kinda for sale..
    I'm not very serious about selling..

But..
    I have my eye on another car. I have 6 and no space.

96' yellow
    37k miles. Top matches car.
    Hill engineering everything.
    Gated.
    Zero issue car.
    Eng out was just completed.
    All stock parts included.
    Has:
    Fabspeed headers
    Capristo bypass
    No cel mod for race cats
    Fabspeed race cats
    Tubi exhaust
    Box delete
    Led headlights
    Challenge rims
    Challenge grille
    Gt engineering driveshaft $3.5k unbreakable

PM for info if serious

Best sorted F355 on market
    100k.
    No offers please
    Ty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crinoid likes this.
  2. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    kenneyd and crinoid like this.
  3. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Aloha,

Testing waters on the possible sale of my 96'.

You would be hard pressed to find a better example mechanically and all around.

Engine out this year on 3/15/19. VALVE GUIDES DONE. Fabspeed headers,New water pump, new tensioners, new brakes. Hill engineering everything.

If you know anything about F355's, they are fantastic cars when sorted. This one as you will see in the add is a well sorted car.

Lots of tasteful mods. See the add on Hemmings.

Here is a link:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ferrari/f355/2103010.html

Any questions PM me here. Really love this car but I need the slot for another car.

4. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
  5. rev-it

rev-it Rookie

May 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    marty
    Is $149000 FIRM a misprint?

6. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
  7. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    What did the price drop to? Very curious what this goes for, seems about 60-70k overpriced right now based on my understanding of the market.

Ryan..., tres55, Tarek307 and 3 others like this.
  8. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I can get an 08 Gallardo .which is a far better car for 100 K, Not sure who would actually pay that much for it. Its a nice machine, though. I see some 430 s for less that this 355, which are also a far better machine, less the design. 355s are great looking cars in my estimation.

9. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I hope you get it.

JohnsonsMedia likes this.
  10. SonnyCrocket

SonnyCrocket Rookie

May 26, 2018
    Is this in CAD?

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I would not think so....maybe the OP can clarify where he's at on the sell number.
    It looks to be well sorted and current on Service.

I am looking for a later car, and ya'll know I get all jiggy about yellow/black.
    Maybe post the pictures into this thread as that link takes forever to load, for me.

12. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    It’s obviously a misprint. You can buy 2 355’s for that price. Just let him clarify

13. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Not two outstanding
    F355 GTS Gated manuals

Robb likes this.
  14. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Apples and oranges so not sure there is point to a lot of the baiting quesitons..

The Lamborghini comment is hilarious. This is a classic Ferrari not even the same make, so I'll spare myself from that nonsense.

Free markets, free will. A smart buyer will know what I'm selling. A very well sorted GTS manual that will not fail.

Most fo the F355s out there with ticking bomb stock headers and valve guides on the way out. A little research will reveal to those; not in the know, what im talking about.

This car is at a price where I would feel ok selling it.

It is probably the best mechanically on the market. A lot of work and money went into the engine that no other F355 on the market has had completed, nor at this level. An "engine out" does not suffice.

Feel free to Google valve guides and header failure before PMing me. Then do you research on the entire exhaust system and you will start to understand why and what mods have been done to make this car better than stock.

Some of these comments are fence posting elites that I simply do not have enough soup for all the salt.

Happy Wednesday, time for a pint.

15. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Asking price is just that.

Also I retract my statement about not one other car out there has the valves addressed, I found one other, here, but not a GTS

16. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    #16 WillskiGT, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Actually, I find that many owners are now doing valve guides and headers when the major is done, since the issues with valve guides and cracking headers is extremely well known at this point.

With the miles this car has (not to mention the minor interior cosmetic imperfections), I would say it's $65-75k. The major/valve job/headers is probably around $20k, depending on who did the service. I've seen quotes for a major + valve guides for between $10-12k, the headers are $3k, and being generous with labor cost plus whatever else was done during the engine out gets you to $20k.

So a $60-70k car with an average amount of miles (I wouldn't call it low mileage but not particularly high for a 23 year old car either) is somehow elevated to 2x the price because a $20k service was done? Maybe I'm missing something here, but it doesn't seem likely that the car will move at that price.

I don't think anyone is trying to be negative in your FS thread (with maybe 1 exception), rather they are just trying to understand what about the car commands such a high price.

In April, you (sorta) listed the car for $100k (https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/poss-f355-sale-gts-6-spd-valves-done-eng-out-4-30-19.598446/). What has changed since then to justify a $50k price increase?

NSXLuvr likes this.
  17. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    For what it's worth, one could get a road legal challenge car for that kind of money...or a Fiorano spider which is one of the rarest of the 355s.

Something tells me the seller isn't actually trying to sell it or in a rush to do so.

It will be worth the asking price eventually... :D

18. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    WillskiGT,

I really wish you would read what I wrote.

Comments like yours are deconstructive and have no authority.
    I did not ask you to represent anything to my sale. Please make your own thread for your own evaluations. There is a section for that.
    Disrespectful.

You are correct in one thing, there is a slew of cars out there in need of repair for the half the price. Not sure the point on that, as they need a lot of work and now it is apple's and oranges. Just because a car has 17k miles, does not mean it will not need over $50k in repairs a week later.

It is my asking price. It is asking. If you don't like the price, have a valid offer, hit the accelerator and drive on, please.

Yellow02Z06 and Cigarzman like this.
  19. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Bro , why don’t you get some business and mind it.

BOKE and FLORIDAsnakeEyes like this.
  20. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    The OP was complaining about price comments without seeming to understand why they were happening, so I tried to explain why those comments are happening. He is asking a premium for the car, and myself (and apparently others) want to know what merits such a price. Don't think that is a crazy request, especially in light of the feeler ad at $100k 6 weeks ago.

OP, GLWS, hope you get every penny of asking, time for F355s to start moving up the ladder in terms of price.

21. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    I think the explanation is pretty easy and no one is mentioning it —— the car is a GTS!! While I also think the 149 is a big stretch and the owners previous thread of around 100 is more realistic, your 60 to 70 k mentioned in previous post is totally incorrect. You can’t compare this car to a Berlinetta, let alone a spider. How many other gated GTS’s are on the market now?? While I personally would rather have a B and would not pay a premium for a GTS, the owner is clearly trying to find that buyer who has been looking for a gated GTS and is ready to pay whatever to get what he wants. And the owner just may get a big number as they are hard to find.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes and eyeman1234 like this.
  22. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I've always believed the saying "its worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it". Markets for any consumer product will always fluctuate, and when someone is shopping for a particular product, they do tend to wonder why the supermarket down the road is charging a dollar more for the exact same brand of olives, but in the end they will just buy the cheaper ones and go home. That's consumerism.

VAF84 and FLORIDAsnakeEyes like this.
  23. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

That is why we have PM available. Use it.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes and BOKE like this.
  24. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I have no dog in this fight but the asking price is ludicrous and the seller will never get close to that money for the car. Willski's comments were perfectly reasonable. 355's are a bargain right now and there are very nice cars that have been sitting unsold for months with asking prices well under six figures. Good luck OP, you're gonna need it.

25. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Dude, he could ask $1.2MM for his car. Your comment is the antithesis of not having a dog in the fight. Whatever asking price and ultimate achieved selling price are between the seller and the buyer. Tis the beauty of freedom to do what one wants!