Possible Mondial Owner's World meeting | FerrariChat

Possible Mondial Owner's World meeting

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by snj5, Jun 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Everyonce in a while we all talk about some central Mondial meeting. Although short notice, there is an Italian Car Festival in Dallas September 8 - 10 this year with Tom Tjaarda as feature guest. They do it every year, so if not this year perhaps next.

http://www.italiancarfest.com/

The event is an FChat sponsor, and there will be a strong FChat presence anyway. If you guys want to get together, I can get James Patterson from Norwoods (I'm a GREAT customer) to give us a talk on super/turbocharging if there is interest, and I will sponsor a Mondial Owner's hospitality suite. And Free No kiddin' REAL Tacos to anyone that comes from England, Europe or Asia. :)
    I'll be taking my little car, and would love to meet up with you good folks with or without your cars.
    best
    russ

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    With no Spa on this year's F1 calendar, we may be around that weekend. The car fest always conflicted with the race and we were in Spa.

Carol

3. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    The weekend of September 9-10 is the Italian GP but there is no race from then until China 3 weeks later, so that sounds like a great time. Personally, unless I go to Goodwood this year and am just getting back after the Labor Day weekend, I would probably be willing to make the drive to Dallas (1400 miles roundtrip) in the Mondial for such a worldclass event.

4. hackrider

hackrider Karting

Feb 9, 2006
    Albuquerque, NM USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sounds good, Albuquerque is only 9hrs away.

Dave

5. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    My car should be ready by then :) I will love to make this one

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Sheesh, nothing against Texas (I'm a native Texan afterall) but it's about 2000 miles from here!!

Birdman

7. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    Don't worry - if this is truly going to be a worldwide Mondial owner's event, there will be more owners there without their cars than with.

In recognition of that fact, there should be a MAJOR photo display of attending owner's cars that are too far away to be able to bring the cars in person; and those owners should be recognized every bit as much as those who are fortunate enough to be able to drive their cars to Dallas. In fact, every absentee owner should be able to "adopt" an attending car like their own and share in the (benefits and burdens of) "showing" that car at the event. Just some ideas.

8. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    As I am exactly on the other side of the planet I would love to come but my Z would not fit into the overhead locker on the plane :-(

Can I virtually attend and you could pretend I was there?

9. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    What we need for those who cannot make it is a computer at the show with a webcam and do a video conference!

Birdman

10. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    BRILLIANT - Now we're thinking globally.

11. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    I'll get some more info on the Dallas thing. Anyone have a better venue?
    The New Orleans show?
    Memphis?

I do like the webcast/teleconference idea as well.

12. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
  13. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    New Orleans is closer to me but I like the idea of Dallas - Memphis would be great to - just haven't been in a long time. Considering taking the Mondial to the Father's Day event there. IF I do I'll let you know my impressions.

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Sheesh, I was kidding about the webcam, you guys are geeks! ;)

Actually, that would be COOL huh?

I would definitely fly in for it if it was a date I could make. Of course, my wife supposedly owns the Mondial--maybe I should send her?

Birdman

15. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    Doesn't that mean she has to stay a home to run the Webcam? Or do I have it backwards?

16. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    it would be one admirable woman who married someone named birdman who works taking pictures of fish.

If anyone goes to the thing in Dallas - let me know and I'll arrange a get together and photo!

best
    rt

"Luigi follows only the Mondials"