Post a fact that, through experience, you are [sometimes painfully] aware of | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Post a fact that, through experience, you are [sometimes painfully] aware of

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by wax, Jun 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    LOL

2. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Experience does not always =/ Intelligence.

3. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Holy... I drove to California with my friend about 2 years ago and we drove right by that road. I still don't know how to pronounce it. We didn't go down it, but from what I remember, it looked deserted.

4. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Drove past it this spring heading to LA from LV. Stickers all over the exit sign.

5. orange

orange Karting

Sep 25, 2008
    Yeah I wouldn't have done it if not for the GPS driving my curiosity. I took the exit on the side going down California, and did not see much besides the desert. I googled it when I was typing the post though, and apparently there's actually a research center there:

Zzyzx Rd, CA 92309, USA

http://biology.fullerton.edu/dsc/zz_Tour/DSC%20Presentation.htm

6. fred cat

fred cat Karting
    BANNED

Oct 20, 2007
    ....I put my finger over the vent hole on a tea kettle to see how much steam pressure it had. Bad idea.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    "Kaboom!" is the sound made when one spectacularly slips in a tub/shower while [or, due to] using product named "Kaboom!"

Back Ribs, anyone?

8. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    You can dislocate a rib by sleeping 'funny'.

ANd it hurts like hell!

And it was put back in place by a tennis ball and some weight on my chest by a chiropractor.

9. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    When jumpstarting your neighbors garage queen 993, never assume that the black cable goes to the black battery terminal.

Replacing the wiring harness, tach and clock on a 993 costs $21,000+

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Please describe "sleeping funny". :D

11. SuperJ

SuperJ F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Whoa, never really thought of it like that! That is unfortantely VERY, VERY true. Sad, but true.

12. Conquest351

Conquest351 Karting

Mar 13, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Hamilton
    Old lawnmowers use oil. Knowing this will help you to remember to check the oil level in said lawnmower. Failure to keep engine oil at an adequate level in said old lawnmower will result in catastrophic failure.

Just spun a bearing in our lawnmower in the middle of mowing. We live on 50 acres and I cut the front 10 with a 54" cut riding lawnmower. It's dead now. Didn't wanna spend $3k on a replacement either. LOL But looks like we're going to have to.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Holy crap. My dad cuts 3AC with the same size and it takes him a couple hours, thatg must take forever..

14. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No kidding. I mow just about 3 acres with my 54" deck and I want something bigger. There's no way I'd maintain ten acres with a deck that size. 72" or bust, baby!

15. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I mow 11 acres around my home. I used to do it with a 60" riding mower. Took almost 11 hours each week.
    Now, I use a 12-ft-wide bat-wing finishing mower pulled by my farm tractor. I do the 11 acres in 2.5 - 3 hours.

16. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Excellent decision. For wide open mowing, your setup is fantastic.

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Buy some goats. They'll keep the lawn manicured as long as you don't let them get off of your property.

Had an incident when the goats went AWOL and started climbing onto cars at a local McDonald's. It really didn't create good press!

19. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The trouble with goats is they don't know the difference between grass and everything else you don't want them to eat.

I read that wallabies are pretty popular lawn mowers in the UK.

20. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    For sure. I thought it was too small, but I think it's my dad's strategy.

It's his stress reliever from work and it gets him away from my mom for a few hours, lol.

That's nice!

21. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    I don't know really, I lay kind of on my side but on my back at the same time as the tv's in the corner of the room.

And the chriopractor said that after a while of 'laying funny' or 'sleeping funny' will eventually lead to horrible back problems(ME! ME! ME!) and/or dislocated ribs!

I couldn't move my neck a inch in either direction and to top it off I had to drive a standard M5 to the doctors office on the other side of town! My girlfriend had to use the side mirrors cause it hurt too uch to turn my head.

After he popped it back into place the pain went away RIGHT AWAY, it was awesome not to be in that kind of pain anymore.

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Move the TV to the other corner of the room. If you don't have other corners, you don't have a room.:rolleyes:

23. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    I can't. Occasionally i'll lay on my stomach and this helps....but i'm just going to buy another plasma and mount it on the wall...that will solve all my problems and make my room even MORE attractive to the women;)

24. Conquest351

Conquest351 Karting

Mar 13, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Hamilton
    We have a couple of tight oak "groves" (7-12 trees in a clump) on our property and we've maintained them so the mower cuts between the trees, just barely. LOL It takes me about 1 full day or 2 days if I break it up. We needed a new mower anyway, this one was a hunk of crap. It would mow, but it'd leave a strip of uncut grass down the middle, so I'd have to go back and overlap my cuts by a large margin. That's what really took so long. Plus I have to go extremely slow. The new mower should help that too. The one we're going with will prolly be a 50" cut though, much easier to get in and round those tight spots. I do all the mowing anyway, so it's my choice. LOL

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Mount it on the ceiling! Believe me, it works.........!!!!