Postcard Virus, watch out for this one..... | FerrariChat

Postcard Virus, watch out for this one.....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LUV 4REZS, Dec 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LUV 4REZS

LUV 4REZS Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Leonard P
  2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks for sharing.

my roommate got some Trojan called "antivirus pro 2009" that took me over an hour to get rid of.

its nasty.

3. LUV 4REZS

LUV 4REZS Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Leonard P
    Yea, I remember when my wife first got into the states it was almost a weekly thing that we would have some kind of virus on the computer that I would either have to try and get rid of myself or pay the Geeks to do it. That's when I first got Norton, now my wife is a lot more educated about this and what not to look at on the computer so we went with AVG (the free version) and so far, so good...lol...lol...

4. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    This thing hit me at home last night. It popped up from the McAfee icon at the bottom, had the McAfee logo, the same normal McAfee screen look, everything. Looked perfectly legit, and "warned" me that I had a virus infection, please "click here to repair." Of course, that's what launched the damn virus, my computer completely locked up. Its still under warranty, thank goodness, but now I'm paying the Geek Squad 100 bucks to back up my data and music, then the tech will be out next week to erase the whole drive and reinstall everything. What a pain.

5. LUV 4REZS

LUV 4REZS Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Leonard P
    Yea, it is funny how a Virus can just wipe out your whole system, makes you wonder if anything on any computer is safe any more.