Potential f355 F1 owner. Please give input. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Potential f355 F1 owner. Please give input.

Discussion in '348/355' started by Busjunky, Jun 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    mymelody12 likes this.
  2. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    There’s no issues with the engine. I rode in the car prior to the transmission issues.

3. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    I’ll certainly look into it. Overall the car seems very user friendly as far a maintenance goes. Certainly less complicated than a 5 chain flat6.
    When the time comes to freshen up the clutch system, it’s a trans removal from the looks of it. Might be a good time to do the belts at the same time. Can the engine and trans be removed as one unit? I’m new to this platform, but I’ll be really well versed with in a few weeks. This is the first in a long time that I’ve felt excited to”dig in” on car.

4. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Looks like a nice car. Black /tan is a nice combination. With a little sorting it should be back on the road in no time.

5. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    Glad to see you bought it!!..You will get addicted to it even if you love Porsches..

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I know all about the 5-chain flat six. Trust me, that 996 engine does not hold a candle to a 375 HP five-valve fire breathing 355.

7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    No problem

8. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    as far as what your Title states.. My Title says 28k..But that is not what I paid.. Not always as it appears..

9. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    1998 F1 black tan berlinetta should be worth 85k-105k if fully resolved and as you described, IMHO. 40k is a bit insulting and honestly I could part that car for more. Buy it for what you can get it for. 50-65k seems like a great deal if you are mechanically inclined.

10. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    You're going to love this. These are like the hotel California. You won't be leaving. Bet you won't part with it.

11. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Fantastic!.

12. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nice get. It's missing a few parts in the engine bay, the two side top panels (not a biggie) and the muffler heat shield (more of a biggie).

13. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    I believe you! IMO the entire m96 platform is garbage.

14. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    All those parts are included. He removed the rear bumper cover to change the pump. We set the bumper cover back on for the photos. Should be complete and un molested. I’m looking forward to listening to some of my old tapes. Lol.

15. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    Thanks, brother!

16. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    Last year I bought a 2012 VW GTI as a daily. I got it for $2000 as it had a salvage title from a minor rear end. I replaced the rear core support and bumper cover,, car looked as new.
    The state of Ohio sent me a invoice demanding another $500 in taxes. It showed a “average cost” of gti’s that year and milage. I still have to go up there and contest the taxes. It’s ridiculous they can do that. Sometimes people get fair deals, but in this case the damn car was wrecked.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Uh no, that’s what a manual is worth. F1 is tops 85and I mean toppppppps... of course this could change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    Lol. I brought it with the intention of dialing it back in, driving it for a summer or two then selling. But I may keep it haha. I am pretty damn excited, no lie.

Julia likes this.
  19. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    I say this especially because you can wrench it yourself. They aren't all that hard to work on. There's more myth than reality. Owners probably move on because they can be quirky to live with and if hostage to a dealer for every time it has a hangnail it can be a frustrating nickle and dime experience. Since you have the ability and tools it will likely be a long term relationship. The largest fault I find is some parts are becoming hard and expensive to find.

20. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    Regardless, at my entry point I have no problem with that. I’m actually looking forward to the F1 driving experience. Every car I own is a manual and it’s kind of nice having a sports car won’t have to shift.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yeah U are totally good! I love my spider. Much more fun than the new stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Super easy and completely non-evasive to convert to manual

23. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve

24. Busjunky

Busjunky Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Milan, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Leroux
    I bet you do! Funny, I like my 944 Turbo better then any 911 I’ve owned or driven. Something about that classic 80’s hatchback look with the pop out headlights. It’s the first iconic sports car I remember falling in love with when I was a kid.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  25. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    LMFAO!..