PPI recommendation for Atlanta Area | FerrariChat

PPI recommendation for Atlanta Area

Discussion in '348/355' started by cardude442, Jun 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I just entered into a purchase and sales agreement on a 94 348 Spider (condition on PPI) and was hoping to get some feedback from the community.

It’s my first Ferrari and I have a friend with a 94 348 TS Speciale that helped me via FaceTime, now it’s that next step.

Thoughts, warnings?

Thanks in advance

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Have a read of the 348 DIY sticky and the 348 parts interchange sticky. You can also have a read through http://www.my348.com.

3. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks Ernie!

My348.com was fantastic. A great read for sure. I appreciate the pointers for the newbie.

Cheers,

-Mark

ernie likes this.
  4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hi Mark, do compression and leak down if possible, if not , then try and do at least one of them. There are cars lurking about out there that have issues in that regard, some are mighty pretty and would fly though a PPI.

Best of luck!

cardude442 likes this.
  5. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
  6. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    cardude442 likes this.
  7. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    How about Ferrari Atlanta? As of last year when I was there the tech that checked my 348 in and signed the warranty book when it was new was still working in the shop. They also had some pretty heavy stuff back there like a really nice F40 that was in for maintenance.

8. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thank you Steve! I appreciate the info.

GTO Joe - nice nick, I am better known for my ‘71 442 convertible with the Ram Air hood (not a W30 car, but it is the factory optioned hood). Appreciate the pointer to FofA. I’ve reached out to them as well.

Big thing for me is ensuring a good compression check is completed. It ran well, but the seller had not followed my directions when I flew in to have the motor cold. I really wanted to see the cold start.

It’s a really good looking car that I followed a lot of the pre-check from My348.com when I was there on Friday. I need a set of unbiased eyeballs on it that can also do a few things I couldn’t given lack of time and tools. : )

9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I had a '72 442 as my first car. Just a 350/4 barrel car. my dad still has it.

sjd

cardude442 and Wade like this.