PPIR last open track event "ever" October 8 ,2005 | FerrariChat

PPIR last open track event "ever" October 8 ,2005

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by quickchickleslie, Sep 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    It is will great sadness that I am writing to inform you that Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR) has sold to International Speedway Corporation (ISC), who in-turn has decided to close the facility and distribute its assets throughout its other tracks. I am truly going to miss the facility as well as all of the great people I have come to know over the 6 years that we have been at PPIR.

With that in mind, please join us for our last open track event at PPIR on October 8, gates will open at 7am and we will go hot from 9am until 5pm. We will have photographers on hand, taking pictures of the day, and we will be offering everyone a picture on the start/finish line, with Pikes Peak International Raceway in the background. Following our final track session at PPIR, please join us in the garages for our Farewell Party. We have the track secured until 10pm.

Feel free to register online at www.quickchickracing.com Garage spaces are on a first come basis with paid registration. Garage assignments will be assigned on Monday October 3.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. We look forward to seeing you all at the track!

2. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
  3. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    Well I am really glad that I had the chance to run PPIR with John, but on that day Roland was waiting for turbos!!! I am upset with what they are doing to that place, because it is so nice. Gateway in StL is Ok, but the garage set-up, concession, and restroom facilities are far superior. I see that Roland had no problem being the last car out on the track, but remember Roland that means that you probably were not the fastest!! I am sorry for you loss, I know that you guys really enjoyed that place, but I am sure that the value of your cars just went up with those awesome stickers.

Well, you will need to keep me in the loop as to when and where the future track events are.

Talk to you boys later!!

PS Roland I know it is sentimental, but you should have at least been in front of the challange car.

4. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I was pretty dissapointed I couldnt make it down for the last track day, but sports interfered and tomorrow isnt possible either. Where will the next track days be at next year?

Oh yea, what happened here?!? :(

5. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Hmm, Roland has the nose off, and that 360 looks a bit on the short side up front to me. What the heck happenned? He babies that car, and that is why he is running behind. :)

6. kpl

kpl Karting

Jun 9, 2005

What happened to that car???!!!???

Is that the same beautiful blue 360 that was at the last event?

7. Timphy

Timphy Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Timphy
    Sad Days, but special thanks are in order to:

Kent Miller for his unselfish willingness to take Drivers and non-Fcar passengers out for some very well-maneuvered instruction (in Peter Taylor's F430, no less). Kerry learned a bunch in just a few laps in the 550 Maranello even with brakes in serious need of a blood letting.

Speaking of: Thanks to Corey (and Jimmy) for doing all the work helping me with my brakes. Thanks to Aaron and John for the donor DOT4 for the transfusion. And thanks to Charles for the proper hoses for the phlebotomy.
    You guys are too good. (all of you chatters out there notice that 'to' and 'too' have very different meanings?)

Finally, to Peter and Marion for the sustenance between runs -- a hypoglycemic driver is a liability. And of course, John Pembroke for the self-less hour of expert instruction around a very nice track!

Thanks, Leslie for a great event!

8. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Uh, that would be "selfless". The word has a much different meaning hyphenated. :)

9. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    #9 Imola2001, Oct 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sad to see that this was the last time at PPIR.

Thank you Leslie for everything, and it was nice meeting you in person.

Here are a few more pictures for everyone. I shot some video but can not "attach" it due to file size (640x640 res). One of the better ones has Roland's F40, Aaron's 355 & the "ENZO WHO" 911 in it. If anyone is willing to host it, or know how to "compress it more" I would be willing to send it to them (about 10M file, 7M after WinZip).

I am sorry I could not hang out all day and meet more of you, as I headed out at about 2ish due to yesterday being my son's birthday. No Sunday either due to we were scheduled to play soccer in Grand Junction (cancelled due to weather).

Well, here are the pictures, enjoy!

-Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. Timphy

Timphy Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Timphy
    very nice.

12. Timphy

Timphy Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Timphy
    My point exactly.

Blows me away. . .

13. cmarsh90

cmarsh90 Rookie

Dec 16, 2004
    The event was Saturday only right?

Reason I asked is I saw a maroon 360 followed quickly by a state patrol car (thought without lights) headed soutbound just north of PPIR about 2:30pm on Sun.

Also saw a bright orange Elise leaving PPIR around the same time.

14. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The event was Fri, Sat and Sun. However, because of the rain and bad weather today, the event may have been cut short.

15. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    After a great weekend, why must I come to FC to see the misfortune of the 360 on the first post! I had asked our of respect for the driver, please no pictures, and please don't post them on the internet.

16. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.

Thanks!

PM sent.

-Mike

17. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #17 ferraripanoz, Oct 9, 2005
    Sorry, I didn't hear about not taking pictures of it. I am also sorry to the driver and hope that his car gets fixed. Problem I have is I don't know how to delete the picture! Well, here is some pictures of today!

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Where are the pics of that lightning quick Saab? :)

19. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't have any pictures of your quick Saab. But I was impressed on how quick the saab was going around the track. I liked how it had the bike rack on it!

20. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    Nice pictures! ;) These are the pictures we like to see my friend!

Leslie

21. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

LOL. Well I think that the bike rack and the baby seat all help with the weight distribution :).

Actually, the car/driver that I was most impressed with was Randy Webb in his Elise.

22. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    What's up with that? So he can get it fixed, take the dealer plate off and sell it as mint on ebay?? Or will it be on FOD floor? Geez.

23. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #23 ferraripanoz, Oct 9, 2005
    Yeah his car was fast.. if you are talking about the orange Elise. I think I was timing him going around the track at about 58 seconds or so!

24. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    #24 awhite, Oct 9, 2005
  25. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That's him. The car is stock other than some exhaust bits so most of that speed is Randy. After spending 25 minutes or so in that car, I can tell you that he wasn't holding back much. It was very interesting. Definitely a talented driver who knows his car.