Previous owner? 89 328... | FerrariChat

Previous owner? 89 328...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Kboy007, Jun 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No I don't, but they were asking way too much. Only 5k miles, but that would make me more nervous than comfortable. It is a decent car up close, not perfect, but decent. When they first got it they were looking at asking close to $70k. 2 months later looks like they've come down a little, but IMHO this would be a decent buy only at $48-52k.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'd disagree with a Rob a little, and say IMO it's much better than decent. I looked it over pretty closely and didn't see anything wrong, it looks like the low mile car that it is. Given that it's an '89 GTB, it's a pretty rare horse. I'd guess there aren't many around with lower miles.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The car had some chips and the real test is to check the engine bay and under the front spoiler. You look there Jim? It is a good 90-95 point car, but even a 98 point '89 328 isn't worth $63k. Either way a car is worth what you can get and in the Ferrari market there are many uninformed buyers and that's where dealers make most of their profit. More power to them.

When was the 30k last done? What are the leak down and compression numbers? A/C leak? Clutch OK? Oil leaks? Cooling system and water pump OK?

Who would pay $63k for this car? I think LoD prices most of their cars right, but from the first time I saw this car and Jonathan told me what they were going to ask, I knew it was off.

Just because it is a GTB, I would pay $50-52k.

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Mike,

You have email....

JP

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    LMAO! Bait taken....

Happy Monday Rob! :)

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What if the fish doesn't know he is hooked yet? ;)