Project CARS | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Project CARS

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Completely get your view point. I'm just a bit annoyed by how they handle everything and the absolute arrogance of their staff towards their consumers who get banned for ''hating'' on the game even whilst praising it just raising concerns RE some blatent things that shouldn't be allowed to have been in the game. It seems all they cared about is having people kissing their ass on the forums yet when someone says in a very normal way ''this and that needs to be fixed'' they're perma banned.

The game has potential to be one of the best. I wish they dropped their arrogance...A simple explanation that the DLC are just keys would certainly help with most peoples view towards them.

2. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Ready for another long one :)

I check the official forum every day. Don't really participate, just go to find out news and fixes for something I may have a problem. I find those fixes like how to adjust my FFB just by reading and keeping up with the forum. I think I have a feel for how the forum is run.

When I go to someone's home I conduct myself by their rules along with general good etiquette. I believe one should behave the same way on someone's forum and abide by their rules.

When you made this point in a previous post above in your quote from the guy you thought was getting abused, if you read it carefully you'll see where that guys says " I'll probably get banned AGAIN..... ". That right there tells us he has already been banned once for something he is going to REPEAT now. To me that is asking for it and being unreasonable on his part.

Here's how you get banned on that forum. You say something unreasonable you get a warning. Second time you may get a warning or you may get an " infraction " depending on the severity. After that you get banned. It is possible to get banned in one post if that post is outrageous or a flagrant abuse of the rules or something really serious as slinging death threats.

There are stickies at the top of the forum that answer a lot of questions. There is a search feature where you can find answers. Many people ignore those and feel the need to make redundant posts or start new threads. Some days you can see multiple threads on the first page with identical topics. That just creates clutter and makes it harder for people to search the forum properly. The mods do a pretty good job of merging threads.

A lot of people go on there just to rant. Some forum members ask to be specific about there concerns as there may be a fix but they don't care they just want to rant. When a mod steps in to tell them to cool it they keep ranting and get banned. Then they rejoin under another nick and continue their rant and the mods ban them right away. That might be perceived by someone that only saw the last post as the mods being abusive but the history of the banned poster goes much farther back and they deserved it.

Some of the funny ones to follow are the ones where people come asking for a refund. They post saying they want a refund and they are politely told refunds are the responsibility of the point of purchase so they need to go to MS or the store they bought it at. Asked and answered. They don't accept that and want a refund from SMS directly and take the opportunity to rant about the game. They are reminded where to actually go for the refund. That is ignored followed by more ranting which ultimately leads to a ban. At one point the studio head offered to refund a couple persistent posters if they would send in their receipt of which none actually did. It was more about ranting than actually getting a refund.

One guy went on and on about how the game was broken and he wanted a refund. He was accused of not even owning the game and then he posted a MS screen shot with his gametag showing he had played the game. Thing was it also showed the last time he played which was BEFORE any of the patches were released and here he was ranting about a broken game having not downloaded any of the patches. He continued his rant which led to being banned.

Like I said I follow the forum pretty close and have read many of the meltdowns so I know how it goes down. Going back to your previous post where you quoted the guy getting banned, for the second time, I followed that guy's history of posts and he deserved it. He just wouldn't listen. I don't know if you followed all his posts or just got your quote off another game site or forum but after posting it here the next reply here took what you said and now thinks the mods are unreasonable which isn't really true if you stay up on everything going on there.

In my opinion the mods do a great job trying to keep the forum going in the right direction. There are a lot of forum posters behaving badly and at times very childish. The mods show a lot of restraint but at the same time are not pushovers and try to keep the place reasonable.

It is also pretty remarkable to have the head of the studio actively posting and answering the questions that he can. Some think he is abrasive but again you can't make that judgement coming in at the end of the conversation. I only need to be told once not to do something where some people on there have been told ten times not to do something yet they keep going on. A few times it reaches the point of if you're going to act like an idiot you might as well be treated like an idiot when all other avenues have been exhausted.

Have you ever been to the Forza forum? It's completely different than the PCars forum. At Forza new forum members posts are moderated before showing up on the forum. That is done so people can't just join and rant useless stuff like they do now on PCars. Once the mods feel like you will be a positive contributor you are released to post at will.

There are no Turn 10 executives posting on the forum at all. In fact there is hardly any information given by any T 10 employes. That forum is whittled down to a few posters a few mods and several wannabe mods. It is vastly different than the current PCars forum but after seeing all the bad behavior by posters on the PCars forum I can see where the mods and studio head will reach their breaking point and run it like the current Forza forum.

So again we have two different viewpoints. I think the PCars forum is great at the moment with current information easy to find and being run by a staff that seems to be patient with some unfortunate behavior with posters. I don't know how much you follow the PCars forum but it is important to follow a posters posting history to know the whole story behind the ban and not go by the last post.

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm getting so sick of this game.

racing, starting last....fight my way to 5th. Storm comes. I request pit, get the all clear...yet somehow my pitbox is occupied (even though by the time I drove in no cars where standing still near my box)...I drive straight on, no option to stop and have to drive a full lap in soaking conditions on slicks (i.e. impossible).

How come...that with patch 2.5 they still can't get simple **** like this working properly? Honestly I do not understand why I keep playing it.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fired it up again.

Am now world record holder at Spa with Formula B.

:cool:

5. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Game plays so much better with patch 3.0 but there are still lots of annoying bugs like that sound glitch.

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haven't touched it since I set the record (now beaten again). Which sound glitch?

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Might be a Xbox1 sound issue. The sound echos at random points, I have never had that issue with any other game ever.

8. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I'm on the Xbox One and get the sound stuttering every time I play.

I don't know if that bug appears on the PC and PS4 versions but it appears that on the Xbox One it is a problem with MS and Ian and the devs confirmed what the issue is and it would require a new SDK software from MS before they can fix it.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I can say I've never had it happen on PC.

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just played on the newest patch (patch 4.0).

It's gotten worse. Driving next to AI on a straight and suddenly they crash hard right into me. Didn't happen the once, either.

Qualifying is now impossible as the game registers the quali setting as free practice.

What a farce.

One of the dumbest things in this game is car setup though. Why can't I, once I've loaded my cars etc, simply choose a setup I've used before? Example if I've been racing a formula car, and then go to a GT3, it basically takes all the settings from my Formula car it can and applies those to GT3, the rest is leaves standard. It's not very hard. Games with tiny budgets can manage...why can't PC?

11. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Found this while noodling around the VR sites looking for news on when the Oculus Rift will be released;

Project CARS Getting Major Oculus Rift Update, SDK 0.7 Support 'very soon' - VRFocus

Guess it won't stop random crashes of course! :eek:

And how in the name of all that's holy did they release a patch that prevents qualy! :( Don't they do QA anymore?

Figure I'll stick with iRacing! [Although, Rfactor also seems to get decent reviews too?]

Cheers,
    Ian

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    patch 5.0 is out.

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    patch 6.0 is out

14. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    #164 Mr. Francesco, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    I know I'm late to the party, but I finally bought a PS4 yesterday and have been playing Project Cars all day today, for the first time.

I'm impressed, very impressed.

I've never enjoyed a racing game outside of the Gran Turismo series until now.

The controls were a little challenging at first, as well as the physics, but it's definitely comfortable now that I'm used to it.

15. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    luckily you missed out on all the early bugs that made the game unplayable :eek:

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haven't touched it in a while now. Saw a forum post the other day (an old one, from when the game just came out) that that Ian Bell guy said the AI is the best he ever experienced. I have up immediately again, haha.

He should have a go on gp4...

17. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Anyone still playing this?

18. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I haven't played in a few weeks but the updates keep rolling out which is good to see.

19. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I don't have a lot of time to game but I'll play for an hour or so a couple nights a week.

I just set up a quick race and have a blast. Everything I use in the game works great and the only thing I experience is the occasional sound stutter which happens on the xbox one.

I got the latest DLC for Forza 6 because it had the Ganassi DP and I wanted to drive it around the road course at Daytona. That experience felt lifeless. I don't feel the track. I don't feel the car. I switched over to Project Cars and drove the Merc 190E around Brands Hatch GP in a 25 car field and almost broke into a sweat trying to manhandle that car through the field :D

I'd like to see a few more tracks from the US and some cars from Chevrolet, Ferrari and Lamborghini and I'm sure the content will expand in PC 2.

The latest track DLC is really nice but I want to see Daytona, Sebring and Indy :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SwSNNIttp8[/ame]

20. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    More DLC coming out next week. This time they have....

2015 Dallara DW12 IndyCar
    2015 Ford Fusion Stock Car
    2015 Corvette C7R
    Cadillac ATS-VR GT3
    Aston Martin Vantage GT12

Next month is said to be a track pack with slim hope of adding ovals.

I just made this video. I get to see and photograph so many cars I thought it would be fun to make a video mixing my real world experience with racing them in sim games. I'm going to make several more when I can find the time and I'm sure they will get better as I go along.

This one is of the Mercedes 190E in Project Cars. All I have been doing is quick races as I'm waiting for all the DLC and bugs fixed before taking on the career mode. It should be noted that I don't Q and always start from the back so I can have fun going up through the field passing cars. I also don't jump the start and let the cars get to the first turn before mounting my charge. As you can see I'm not flying past the cars and really the only way to catch and pass them is by perfectly executing perfect turns which is part of the challenge.

I have a lot of fun racing the 190E. It is a handful to drive and I always feel like I'm on the edge and can spin at any turn. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxBQ0N5WPs[/ame]

21. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    The U S Car DLC came out yesterday.

I didn't have a lot of time to test them but the C7.R and the Indy car were instant winners for me. I got in both of those and they were incredibly fun to drive. The C7.R was everything I want. On the edge but still controllable and the sound was sweet. My new favorite.

The Indy car is almost as much fun. It had more grip so not quite as on the edge as the C7.R but loads of fun as I took it around Watkins Glen.

The other cars were less exciting and I need more seat time in them to get the most out of them but still great additions. Later this month is supposed to be a new track and I really really hope it is Sebring :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlxnsWgykYc[/ame]

22. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Pagani car pack out :D

They also released a Game of the Year Edition this month which would mean they are done with DLC...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yprlkm9VSc[/ame]