Puente Hills Chrysler Jeep, etc... | FerrariChat

Puente Hills Chrysler Jeep, etc...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jpress, Mar 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpress

jpress Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2005
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    On Saturday, March 9, 2013 I purchased a Pre-owned 2008 VW Beetle Convertible from Puente Hills Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram. I must have driven the car almost 500 miles in 1 week it was so much fun! On Sunday, March 17th, 2013, at about 1pm, I drove to my supplier in Monterey Park (by appointment) to pick up toys for my swap mall location as inventory was low from weekend sales. I was low on gas on the freeway, so before I arrived at my supplier, I called the AAA to have them meet me there to give me some gas. I made it to my supplier and the tow truck driver from Bobs Towing showed up and gave me $9 worth (about 2 gallons) of gas. I told him that I had no money on me as I had just paid it all to the supplier for my products. I offered him a remote controlled helicopter as payment and he accepted it and he left. I left about 10 minutes after I loaded up my car with about 40 helicopters and other flying things. After about 3 blocks while sitting at a stop light, my car stalled. I tried to start it but no luck.. I pushed to a gas station on the corner where I was. Since I had no money on me, I thought that possibly the car needed more gas, and so I tried to sell a helicopter to somebody in the gas station. I did after about 5 minutes and I put $20 in gas. The car still did not start. I tried checking things since I am a 'back yard mechanic' and could not get it to start.

At about 4:30pm, I called up Puente Hills Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Juan, the sales manager whom I had met when I bought my car, was not in. I talked to a new (only there 3 days) General Manager named Marlin. I explained to him what happened and he said to have the car towed to his dealership which was about 10 miles away. I asked him if somebody could take me home because I live 34 miles away. He told me 'NO' and that their dealership does not do that. I was shocked and told him that I work at a car dealership in Torrance and that if a customer asked us for a ride that we would do it weather it was 3 miles or 34 miles as in my case. He went on to further get annoyed with our conversation and said that this call was finished and hung up on me.

I called the AAA and requested a tow truck to tow me home.. Bobs Towing finally came and I finally got home at 9pm...

I had my car towed to a repair shop in San Pedro that Sunday night. Monday morning, the owner called me and told me that there was water or some other substance in my gas tank. I told him the story from the night before and he told me whatever the tow truck driver gave me that it killed my car. There must have been enough gas in the line to get me 3 blocks away before the 'substance' got to the fuel rail to the injectors of the engine, and then it died. The car was in for repair from Monday the 18th through Friday the 22nd with a list 2 pages long of things they had to do from 2 fuel pumps that cost over $600 and 2 fuel filters, to having to take the entire back end of my car apart just to get the gas tank out to really clean it out the proper way. The car got re-assembled and had to get an alignment to top it off.

Both Bobs Towing and the AAA refused to pay the $2288.01 bill for The repair shop, reimbursement of my $243 bill from Bobs Towing, and compensation for the money I lost for missing out on 4 hours of selling that Sunday afternoon at the swap mall. On Thursday I filed a claim with my auto insurance company and the claim is still pending. Mean while, my car has been completed since Friday the 22nd while it still gets all sorted out.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP! They do NOT take care of their customers and have the absolute WORST customer service I have ever experienced in my life!!! The owner Alexander Hwang is a coward and has not returned over 10 of my calls and so is the NEW General manager Marlin.. A very unprofessional and un-educated group of people who try to run a car dealership.

Please see other reviews scattered about the internet such as on facebook & linkedin, and more to come as I have time. I will be contacting the Chrysler, Dodge, & Jeep corporations tomorrow and make them aware of the terrible dealers they have trying to promote and sell their vehicle brand.

2. av2

av2 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    S. California
    "I was low on gas on the freeway, so before I arrived at my supplier, I called the AAA to have them meet me there to give me some gas."

I understand your frustration and you probably don't want to hear this, but this situation can be easily avoided. Filling your tank before could've saved you all this trouble. Running out of gas at rural areas are common, but Monterey Park has a few gas stations between every block. Calling AAA for gas and have them meet you at your supplier isn't really an emergency. Plus, you could have asked your supplier to loan you $20 for gas.

As for the dealership, you purchased a used VW from Chrysler. They're not responsible for any existing warranty repairs on other brands. Some dealers do take care of their customers better than others when you purchase their brands of new cars or even used cars. It's great when they go that extra mile for their customers, but don't expect all of them to do the same. Luxury brands such as Porsche, Mercedes, BMW & Lexus have higher profit margin to provide better service, some don't.

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    just curious, as part of your membership, do you get free gas when you run out? how would you pay the AAA guy?

4. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Helicopter

5. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Unfortunate series of circumstances, but I have to agree with av2.
    Pay the bail at the auto repair shop before the next bummer happens (lien sale).