Pulled the trigger today ! | FerrariChat

Pulled the trigger today !

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by DrMoFo, Jan 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrMoFo

DrMoFo Rookie

Jan 13, 2010
    #1 DrMoFo, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Ordered one in Bianco Avus, Cuoio, black carpet, yellow tach, yellow calipers, shields, Daytona style full electric seats, Magnetronic, 19 inch standard wheels, parking sensors in front, adaptive headlights, upgraded mirrors, upgraded stereo. No cruise or camera.

My first Ferrari and looking forward to its eventual arrival.

2. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    we need pics!

congratulations :) enjoy this

3. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Nice! I am very curious to hear more about the magnaride experience from the masses. I ordered it too and am looking forward to putting it through the paces. It seems like a lot of people opt for the 19 inch wheels (as did I). That sounds like a beautiful color combo.
    When did they say it would be made and delivered?

Ray

4. gdhodge

gdhodge Karting

Sep 12, 2009
    Houston
    Congratulations, you will love it. I remember you from the MB forums, I think. You had bad luck with the tranny didn't you?

5. ProfJC

ProfJC Rookie

Apr 28, 2009
    Should be fun, but why no cruise or camera?

6. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    i love these new shocks. nice ride and very little dip in the corners.

i think that 19" tires have more comfortable ride with excellent performance. i see no reason for 20" wheels here except perhaps "looks".

7. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    cruise control is great, particularly if you are planning road trips.

camera is too exposed to damage and not needed with standard parking sensors.

8. DrMoFo

DrMoFo Rookie

Jan 13, 2010
    #8 DrMoFo, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    I decided not to get the cruise control as I never use it on my other cars despite driving back and forth from Las Vegas to California at least once a month. I guess it's because I usually travel at such a high rate of speed that I'm always braking and maneuvering around other cars lol. Seriously though, I never use Cruise control and I think if I decided to do any truly significant road trips, I wouldn't take the Ferrari anyway. Actually, the hard part of the whole situation was the dealer had an 08 F430 loaded with 600 miles on it for 220k. I almost bought that car until I realized that I really wanted a car with the comforts and conveniences of a GT like my prior AMGs. One thing i am interested in hearing from the community is there appears to be a satellite theft system upgrade as well as a factory applied rock chip protective coating. Has anyone ordered these? My order gets processed monday so any input is appreciated .

Answering the other post above, I did have a problem with my SL63 and it was a shame it had to go. The car, aside from the tranny, was really nice and prior to the 63, my 55 was flawless. If MB did an upgraded version of the 55, I probably would not have purchased the Ferrari and the new SLS really doesn't appeal to me either .

9. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    i like cruise control as a police repellant! it's awfully easy to find your cali in triple digits!

10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Good for you, let us know when she arrives. Congratulations.

11. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I agree. I have my speed alarm set at 80 and the alarm is always going off. Cruise keeps me out of trouble. (sort of anyway) 1,600 miles and no tickets yet!

Magneride is quite nice! It really takes care of the really bad Michigan roads that I once in a while travel on.

12. DrMoFo

DrMoFo Rookie

Jan 13, 2010
    seriously, anyone order the factory applied protective rock film and or the satellite theft system? Order goes in today.