Q104.3's (NYC radio station) top 1,043 classic rock songs of all time | FerrariChat

Q104.3's (NYC radio station) top 1,043 classic rock songs of all time

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TimN88, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Did anyone listen to any of the top 1,043 classic rock songs countdown? It ran from last wednesday until last night.
    I didnt totally agree with the top 10, however i was not suprised to see stairway to heaven come in at #1. I would have expected the wall to come in higher, even though i dont like that song.
    As everyone was expecting, the Beatles had the most songs (i think 70) in the countdown.
    Heres the full list- http://www.q1043.com/top1043/list2003.html

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    There ARE 1043 classic rock songs tobe considered top? That's like saying what are your top 1000 cars. You'd run dry after 100 for sure...

--Dan

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I agree with you about Pink Floyd. I guess it wasn't a southern thing cause I don't remember any of us listening to that monotone rock. But on classic radio they play them all day long. Boring. I prefer "Shake dat booty music" to this mumble rock. Rock on...

DrTax

4. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    What the hell is the B-52's "Love Shack" doing there?

5. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I thought these ridiculous lists were a Canadian problem, but I see you guys have them in the USA too. Every Labour Day, just about every damn "rock" station has a "Top 1000" countdown of some sort that always, always, always culminates with either "Hey Jude" or "Stairway to Heaven". ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Simple questions:
    - how is this list compiled?
    - what criteria determine a song's placement?
    - how is what you do any different from what every high school boy has done on the back of his binder for the last 20+ years?

Just another example of why I can't listen to radio. None of them know a damn thing about rock n roll.

BTW: Moody Blues' "Question" (#119) above "Bell Bottom Blues", "Hey Joe", "Magic Bus", "Ohio" "Highway Star" and "Tuesday's Gone"? Yeah whatever. Keep on rockin' you idiots!

6. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The only part of the countdown that matters is the top 100. They just had to do 1,043 because the name of the station is 104.3.

7. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Sorry drtax I have to totally disagree with you.
    I think Pink Floyd is one of the best bands ever.

My faves are
    Pink Floyd
    Beatles
    Led Zepplin
    Doors
    Who
    Stones
    Elton
    oh ya I also love Britney {for my eyes}