News

Question to Private Pilots!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jcarson, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Jcarson

Jcarson Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Tortola, BVI
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Just curious if any of you follow any sort of general pilot chat web sites? Something similar to F-Chat? I've tried various searches (google, etc) and have come across some but nothing along these sort of lines. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Josh:
    I haven't found a single website for GA pilots that is even in the same ballpark as f-car. I'll be interested in any responses that you get to your query.

4. PeterS

PeterS Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I think Rob was going to get a pilot chat going. Hell, I think I even suggested a name for the forum that he was going to use!

5. Jcarson

Jcarson Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Tortola, BVI
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Dr C - this is the only one I've really come across - it looks very much like F-chat but does not seem very active. Keep me posted if you come across anything better - thanks for the reply!

http://www.risingup.com/forums/

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Jcarson

Jcarson Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Tortola, BVI
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Thanks - I'll check it out, appreciate it.

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan Witherspoon
    That would be an absolutely awesome idea! Something the internet has needed for a while.

I have been a member of the www.airliners.net forum for about 4 years but most of the people there are kids or enthusiasts. While there are a bunch of private, commercial, and military pilots, its not quite the same as Fchat...Always just a bunch of childish debates on which is better: Boeing or Airbus :)

Rob, if you did make some sort of pilot chat, could I volunteer to be a moderator?