Questions to ask when looking at a Cali and does anyone know this car? | FerrariChat

Questions to ask when looking at a Cali and does anyone know this car?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Jun 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I am currently on the hunt for a 2013 or 2014 Cali and wanted to know if anyone had a list of questions I should be asking from a dealership when talking to them about these cars. I saw one for the Cali T, but not sure if that applies to the 30 or not.

Also, does anyone know or have any experience with this car or dealership? This is the exact car I have been looking for.

https://rb.gy/mvcpcx

2. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ask the dealer to provide the build sheet for the car in which you are interested. That will show all the features of the car. Our 2013 California has the HS package, but there is no way to identify this by just looking at the car. The build sheet will tell you exactly what options were chosen. The dealer may have to contact Maranello to obtain this info.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I vaguely recall someone posted something on this topic recently.
    I thought it was the Cali, but I may be mistaken. If not, it was a buyers check list sort of thing.
    T

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  5. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Yeah, I saw the one for the T but I was not sure how much it applied to the 30's.

Does anyone have an options list for the 30's? Looked around a bit but could not find one.

6. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    If someone has a sales brochure they might be able to provide a list. As I recall, there were many options available for the California 30. The HS (Handling Speciale) package alone was over $7000.00.

7. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

That link does not work.

8. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Yeah, I emailed the dealer this morning after I posted this and they said the car was sold. Looks like they finally removed it from their site.

BLAMPEE likes this.
  9. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I have a 2013 Cali-30 and one thing you should definitely check on is the engine and transmission mounts. They are notorious for deteriorating quickly, producing vibration at idle.

RamsHmb and tomc like this.