Quick Question

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by coolestkidever, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. coolestkidever

    coolestkidever F1 Veteran

    Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    When you travel overseas and want/need to drive a car. Does your american drivers liscense or passport allow you to do that? For some reason this question just popped into my head while driving tonight.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. Mike360

    Mike360 F1 Rookie

    Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Here it does. But in general you apply for a International Driving permit. Which you need a current license to get one in the 1st place.
  4. MARQ

    MARQ Formula 3

    Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    The majority of countries will honor a US Drivers License for use while visiting their country. But to be sure, Mike360 is right, get yourself an International Drivers License. You can get one through AAA or some of the other automobile clubs. Not expensive at all; good for a limited time only...I believe the last one I had was good for 6 months or a year.
  5. LetsJet

    LetsJet F1 Veteran

    May 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    I've never had trouble driving in any country. Ususally you do need to obtain a DL for that country which is just a revenue generator IMO. This is, of course, with a vaild US DL.

Share This Page