Racing a 360 with F1 option | FerrariChat

Racing a 360 with F1 option

Discussion in '360/430' started by viper, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    I have recently purchased a 2003 360 Spider with F1. My question to those who are experienced is what is the way to have the best start from standstill? Traction on or off, sport mode on or off, automatic mode or paddle shift? Thanks for your input. This question pertains to street racing.

2. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    trac off, sport mode, a/c off, manual mode. Just floor it and regulate wheel speel with throttle. shift, shift, shift.... replace clutch.... repeat as desired.

Ernesto

3. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    The only part of that which is rather difficult to manage is the traction off. The car gets downright viscious when the traction is off. I just assumed that with the traction on, you would get a little slower start, but gain on it afterwards.

4. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    yes, the car does a major burnout, you have to control the wheelspin through small gradual throttle adjustments. Floor it too much and too much wheelspin... back off too much and it bogs down. It takes practice, and clutches. But with trac on its just too dead...

5. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    If it is street racing performance your after, then my advise is "DON"T". The car is not set up to be a dragster. No only will you burn the clutch but you will get beat doing so.

To quote Sun Tzu (The Art Of War);

"If not in the interest of the state, do not act. If you cannot succeed, do not use troops. If you are not in danger, do not fight."

Do not lose sight of the fact you own the Ferrari and there is absolutely nothing to be gained by winning a drag race involving lesser cars and you have everything to lose if you lose. Search the archive for the post concerning a 360 being beat by a Subaru. I believe it had more hits than any post ever on this site.

Now let us assume the post was reversed i.e. the 360 owner posted he beat a Subaru. How many hits do you think that post would have received?

6. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    I really don't get into street drag racing, but one day I wanted to race a newly purchased Twin Turbo again the 360. It's staying in the family, I wanted to know who would prevail.
    Dr J

7. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    No matter what technique you use, the F1 trans is not conducive to drag racing. You may get a great launch 1 out of every 5 tries, but the other 4 times will fry your clutch. The control software does not respond consistently when faced with fast launches.

8. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    the stats i've read indicate the 911 turbo is a bit quicker 0-60 and also 0-100. BUT the 360 sure looks and sounds a lot sexier than the turbo :) i've owned both and the 360 is by far my favorite!