Racing a '65 Shelby GT350 or real Cobra at Monterey? Let's talk | FerrariChat

Racing a '65 Shelby GT350 or real Cobra at Monterey? Let's talk

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Apr 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Call me nostalgic. For old times' sake I'd like to find someone who will temporarily (with a plastic overlay about 2 ft. sqiare)put the name of my old book on their Shelby or real Cobra or GT40 just for the race (including the time on the grid) I had the name on a '65 Shelby 40 years ago when my book came out but the driver distained the then-new precaution of wiring of the lug nuts which might have prevented them falling off, which they did later at a race in SoCal with a disasterous result. I thought the car was totaled but miracle of miracles it re-appeared a few months later. I did not want to deal with such an impetuous driver again. Now it's 40 years later. At Monterey in August 2019, I figure the race lasts 20 minutes, the time on the grid 15 min.I'll take a picture and make a painting of you with the car-- how's that? My oil paintings sell for $600. P me and I'll send images of sample paintings, Or if you;ve been to Mr. Cobra's house, he's got them on the wall.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

bitzman, you might reach out to Bruce Canepa (canepa.com) to see if he's running the Reunion race this year. My GT350 and I won't be at Monterey this year or I'd volunteer. I'd love to see some of your work bitumen, any chance you can post a Shelby or Cobra painting? Otherwise I'll pm you.

of2worlds likes this.