RAM Mount for Portofino | FerrariChat

RAM Mount for Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cpd1, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    In case this is useful to some, thought I would post the set up.
    Picked up the Porto 2 weeks ago. Love it. Don't have CarPlay so was looking for a solution for Waze and to get album art you need USB rather than bluetooth...
    Windshield mount was blocking too much the view so decided to experiment. The honeycomb under the ventral vents are too small to use so I went for the bridge.
    Couldn't find a cheap solution on Amazon so checked out RAM. Great quality and fast shipping.
    Ending up using the below. I had also ordered a small extension and a double 1" ball adapter but not required.
    Set up is rock solid and not too intrusive/ugly, does hinder access to AC temp for driver but can use the central display for that.
    Need to refine the cable run at some point.
    Tons of solutions out there but hadn't seen this set up for the Porto yet. Phone is 11 Pro so Max will take more room. Not as sleek as CarPlay but heck of a lot cheaper ;)

Part Description
    RAP-B-400-201U TOUGH-CLAW B BALL
    RAM-B-201U-A RAM DBL SOCKET ARM B BALL A LENGTH
    RAM-HOL-UN7BU RAM X-GRIP UNIVERSAL HOLDER W/ 1" BALL

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

lamborarri likes this.