458 - Rebuilding 458 spider | FerrariChat

458 Rebuilding 458 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by sbenus, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sbenus

sbenus Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2009
    San Juan
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Well, after an unfortunate incident, my dream car needs a bit of work to put it mildly. Not going to get into the details of what happened but I will be rebuilding her better than ever. This is not about making financial sense, it’s about getting back my favorite car in the world just as she was or better. She took care of us during the crash so we are going to take even better care of her. Just as before the incident, she will be driven often without counting the miles and she will be pampered and maintained in tip-top mechanical and cosmetic condition. Miles, depreciation, future value, potential appreciation, etc, are meaningless as she will never be sold. Haven’t decided yet if I will be documenting the rebuild here but it is possible.

I will definitely be chiming in and asking for help when necessary however. So here goes the first one:

The car didn’t come with a back up camera originally and it didn’t make sense to go to the expense of new bumpers, etc. in order to retrofit it but since they need to be ordered now anyways, I figured I might as well do it. Below are the parts I am ordering in order to get this done. Anyone know if I am missing anything or if I will encounter any potential issues during or after the installation as far as compatibility, electronics, etc.?

84797110 - COMPL. REAR BUMPER -CARBON CONNECTOR VERSION- -VERSION WITH PARKING CAMERA- -DOES NOT CONTAIN CONNECTOR AND CAMERA

261191-REAR PARKING CAMERA WITH WIRING HARNESS

82645000 - PARKING CAMERA MOUNTING BRACKET

?? - REAR CABLE -FULL HOUSE- -APPLICABLE FOR FRONT AND REAR PARKING SENSORS- -APPLICABLE FOR BASE RADIO--APPLICABLE FOR PARKING CAMERA- -APPLICABLE FOR TPMS FLAT- -APPLICABLE FOR ELECTROCHROMIC MIRRORS--

261178 - PARKING CAMERA DASHBOARD WIRING HARNESS

274385 - PARKING CAMERA ECU -VERSION WITH PARKING CAMERA- -WITH VELCRO-

tekaefixe likes this.