Remote door lock needed / question | FerrariChat

Remote door lock needed / question

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PeterS, Feb 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    My '77 308 does not have remote door locks. When I recovered my panels, the lock actuating rod looked like it would be pretty simple to add a remote lock to. Any truth to this and where should I go to get a good remote unit for both doors.

2. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Yes, it should be pretty simple. I have not done this on my 308 but have done it on past cars. All you need to do is mount the solenoid and connect it to the actuating rod. Most automotive stereo/alarm shops should have it or try an electronics store. Good luck.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I took my 308 QV to a car shop and had them install a Viper alarm system with remote door locks. There was one hitch though: The regular Viper door actuator doesn't fit into the space of a 308 door. They had to order a special one.

Also there was another issue about activating the system, so now once I start the engine, both doors lock (you could still get out, but nobody can open the door from the outside). I consider that actually an additional safety feature, living in a big city...