488 - Remove 120 km/h speed warning - GCC spec | FerrariChat

488 Remove 120 km/h speed warning - GCC spec

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by skyscorcher, Mar 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. skyscorcher

skyscorcher Rookie

Jun 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Roberto Zanon
    Hello guys, I've recently bought a 488 (pics and info will follow in an upcoming topic, with a proper introduction) and the car is GCC spec. Here in UAE all cars have a mandatory speed warning above 120km/h. The problem is I want to remove this warning which is factory configured not the one you can set yourself through the options.

I asked in the local Ferrari dealership and they said they "cannot" remove it. Not sure if they can't or don't want to but I cannot push them any further since they said NO.

I might be able to ask at some garage here but not sure if they can get the job done. Has any of you heard about it before or know how in the name of $%$@ remove the damn warning? :mad:

I'd appreciate it if you have any input on that :)

PS. Here's a teaser pic of the car.

Thanks a lot

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Have you tried in the menu ?

Here in EU we can do that simply in the menu and also alter the numbers. It gives a beep if you drive that speed …

Should not be too difficult, go to the left screen and fiddle about ...

3. skyscorcher

skyscorcher Rookie

Jun 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Roberto Zanon
    Unfortunately, this won't work. The GCC spec doesn't give the option to set your own speed limit on the left screen. It's factory setup at 120 km/h. :(