Replace TR front trunk shocks | FerrariChat

Replace TR front trunk shocks

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by colo348, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #1 colo348, Feb 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Group,
    My front trunk shocks or struts need to be replaced. My question is how do you get at them? On the passenger side I can get to the front attach point when the head light is up and the rear through the battery well. On the drivers side (see image) I think I can get to the front attach point when the head light is up, but what about the rear attach point? Under the front of the TR there is a cover protecting the condenser and fan. May be if I remove this I can get at the rear attach point of the shock? If you have any advice I'm all ears.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  3. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey Jim,
    I also replaced my shock's, the dealer one's were crap, just was not that strong, so I went to Napa (or any car part's business) and got a set from them! Just measure the size of the one's in the car, and it work's great! Plus a LOT cheaper than the dealer ones!! :)

To remove them, take your time, they are in a tight spot! Click on the link, there is some good advise there..Hope this helps.
    Robert

4. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.

You wouldn't happen to have the brand/parts number of the replacement handy. If yes, can you please post them. Thank you.

5. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey Anthony,
    I sent you a message..
    Robert

6. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.

Got your e-mail, thank you very much. I have been a member of the FCA-NW for over 10 years now, I was MIA because I have been in exile for the past few years :) The club has really grown since I remembered it. I will try to attend more events on a regular bases this year. Again, thank you.