Replacing 308GT4 dashboard lights | FerrariChat

Replacing 308GT4 dashboard lights

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by pentastar, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pentastar

pentastar Rookie

Jul 19, 2003
    Westchester County,
    Full Name:
    Michael G. Stanton
    Have any members replaced dashboard lights in a 308GT4? I removed the dashboard and looked behind the gauges this morning but it is not obvious where the bulbs are located. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Michael,

All I can say is good luck. I had to remove the clock to get it repaired and had a hell of a time. Of course there are the two lights above the dash which are easy. I think the lights themselves are each in the actual gauges. I was worried about scratching the fragile vinyl when I took the front piece out and of course all the wires are in there like a bowl of spaghetti!!! Let us know what you find ! I had good luck with Palo alto speedo, but some others have had problems with them.

Rob

3. pentastar

pentastar Rookie

Jul 19, 2003
    Westchester County,
    Full Name:
    Michael G. Stanton
    Thanks Rob, I think you're correct about the bulbs being imbedded in each gauge. I'm tempted to leave it alone and avoid scratching the dashboard face or tearing the vinyl by going back in there, but it is annoying while driving at night. If I get ambitious and try it, I'll post a message on how I fared!

Mike