REPLACING 430 SPIDER TOP TENSION CABLES | FerrariChat

REPLACING 430 SPIDER TOP TENSION CABLES

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dalcorpath@gmail., May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dalcorpath@gmail.

Oct 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dallas W Johnson
    DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO THREAD A NEW TOP TENSIONING CABLE THROUGH THE NARROW TUBE SUCCESSFULLY. MY CLOSEST DEALER IS 500 MILES AWAY. I COULD ONLY FIND ONE PICTURE POST WITH NO SOULD AND POOR DETAIL PHOTOS FOR CRITICAL AREAS OF THE REPAIR ON ALDOUS VOICE IN UK.I AM TOLD FOR EXPERIENCED PEOPLE IT IS ONLY ABOUT A 2 HOUR JOB. i WACHED A LOCAL TOP SHOP SPEND THREE HOURS TRYING TO THREAD ONE SIDE WITHOUT SUCCESS. HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED TKS DALLAS JOHNSON [email protected] 417 8607337

2. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
  3. dalcorpath@gmail.

Oct 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dallas W Johnson
    Bob : Thank you very much for your reply to my post . The link is helpful but I am still not sure if the material has to be "degrafed " or on the rear of the fin. I see not other way. we tried but could not get the new cable up through the tube. It finnaly kinked and after 3 hours they gave up and resealed the rear fin..The other side is about to break so I think I will just bite the bullet and have the dealer do it and move on .quoted $925.00 for both sides. I tis jsut getting there that is so expensive . chicago were I purchased it is 500 miles each way . The dealer.Continental auto sports in Hilsdale IL quoted $1600.00 round trip enclosed.. I could just drive it I guess. Anyway thanks again. Dallas

Bob in Makiki likes this.