Report: Chevrolet slaps first incentives on ZR1 amidst swelling inventory | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Report: Chevrolet slaps first incentives on ZR1 amidst swelling inventory

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 4re Nut, Jul 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    I would take a Chevy Cruze if it was built out like the car used for Touring Car races

2. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    Dropped in on Saturday at a much bigger Chevy place than before, with a good supply of all kinds of Vettes and the usual ZR1 in the showroom. I noticed a base coupe with "0%" crayoned on the windshield and said what, you really can get 0% financing? Yes, as it turned out, on any 2010 still in stock. Which they had dozens of. Including seven ZR1s. Hummm ...

Even with a 10k underwater trade, I could have driven the display example out of the showroom (black over red, exactly like the one JC was driving when he said "Well done, fat man from Kentucky!") with only a $1,950 payment to worry about, not too bad for a new supercar with practically a forever warranty. Still out of range for lil ol me, unless I can find a second job at Burger King and a third job at Starbucks.

3. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    7 zr1's is a lot!

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You wont be getting 0% but you can sure drive off in a lightly used 430 for $1950 month as well...

5. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    The 3 dealers near me each have 5-7 in stock...

6. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    Now that one of the best ideas I ever heard.

7. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008

And I think that decision is a no brainer....

8. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Reminds me of when dealers were throwing in a Mercury Cougar with a Lincoln Blackwood purchase.

Googled it and found this:

9. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
  10. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Yeah: ZR-1.

RMX

11. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Got mine for 100K.

12. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/09/report-corvette-sales-enjoying-modest-uptick-after-years-of-fr/

I'd like to see the breakdown by model and I wonder what the net impact of the ZR1 was/is. For example, I assume there are some buyers that are 'vette guys and would've bought a Z06 if the ZR1 didn't exist, thus no "net" benefit to the sales number. Conversely there are those that wanted only a ZR1 so they are a true +1.

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Personally, I'd rather have a C6 Z06 Carbon

14. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    Corvette sales in free fall? Is near zero considered free fall?

I keep getting emails from the dealer, latest one offering up to $14k off MSRP on all 2010 Vettes. Just checked their inventory and they have four ZR1s, a Callaway Z06, a stock Z06, a GS vert, a GS coupe, three base verts, and 15 base coupes still sitting around, all 2010s. egads. Could be because many of them are 6-on-the-floor and have few options other than dual-mode sport exhaust, but if I weren't still as poor as a French deodorant salesman, that's just what I'd take.

I suppose I can afford to wait anyway, cause if the 2010s are all gone by the time I get rich again, the same dealer has 57 in-stock 2011s including five ZR1s. Granted, that particular place specializes in Vettes and is a Callaway dealer, but that's a lot of aluminum taking up space. I feel bad for the fat man from Kentucky.