Ricciardo - The future | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ricciardo - The future

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I guess it depends on the quality of the drivers.

Lets say you could switch Kimi for Alonso or Verstappen or Ricci or even gasp Hamilton,

Then if Vettel had an off day or qualified way down due mechanical issues whatever or had some team member screw up in tire change/ pit strategy then you 'might' have a better chance of the other driver still coming out on top.or at least gaining maximum realistic points.

Yes with equally talented drivers in the same car there will always be big battles going on and a risk of collisions etc etc,but i think this outweighed by the potential benefits of having the best available drivers in your car.

I do not want to diss Kimi as he is capable of doing a great job as he did in Melbourne a few days ago,but he can be a bit inconsistent over a whole season.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I do not know why people keep on banging on Vettel for a single year with Ricci....
    I doubt that Vettel really fears Ricciardo as I think he struggled far more with the new hybrid car in 2014 than he did with his team mate. Under normal circumstances Vettel should easily match him at least....It is not like Ricci took the world apart since then.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. DF1

I think a perception issue of what happend in the team. Vettel appeared more than happy to leave, he did not like the car but he did not do too well vs Ricci that year. Possibly more down to the car changes but he appeared somewhat inconsistent overall about the entire season. I do think he was mentally affected by how well Ricci acclimated to the team and car.

375+ likes this.
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I'm a fan but Ricci is going nowhere besides RB he's too good for be # 2 at Ferrari or Merc
    and Not good enough for # 1 status. I can see Mad Max leaving and then Ricci winning WDC
    at RB cuz I seriously believe that Honda and RB will have a championship winning car in 5 years time

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Had several things to do with:

-Vettel came from a car with enormous rear downforce, and acclimated his driving style to that over number of years. In contrast Ricciardo came from a car with far less rear downforce. The new rules and exhaust placement meant Vettel didn't enjoy this rear downforce he previously did, so had to change his driving style
    -Vettel had far more gremlings to deal with throughout the first part of the season. There was hardly a session when the car didn't go wrong. Yes finished plenty of races but that never takes into account of things that went wrong during the race.
    -His deal with Ferrari. It came fairly early on that he was going to Ferrari, by the time it became public the teams had known for a fair amount of time. It's natural that a team stops their driver, particularly one as intelligent/observant as Vettel, out of key team meetings. Not receiving new parts, less information about parts fitted and so on.

That said, Ricciardo is a phenomenal driver and I place him very high up the list of current drivers, Certainly very high up the list of drivers that haven't (yet) won a title.

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Max has a long term contract at RB and is the chosen one, Ricciardo will never be able to challenge him in the team. I could see:
    Ricciardo to Mercedes;
    Bottas to McLaren;
    Alonso to Renault;
    Sainz to Red Bull.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Don’t know why but feel Dan has some sort of pre-agreement with Ferrari already. Would make a lot of sense for what he’s saying around

Bas likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :)

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  11. DF1

No more tha F1 itself, a fantasy lol

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Please read my post again I said " I can see Mad Max leaving then Ricci winning the WDC " I made no mention of him challenging Max

13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Max has a long term contract at RBR and Daniel is out of contract after this season.

14. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Confirmed by two reliable sources from the paddock: riciardo will race with Ferrari from 2019

islerodreaming and SPEEDCORE like this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I wonder if kimi makes a super year what they'll do!

16. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I hope it goes through!

Make him a Brand Ambassador, and supply him with all the vodka he can drink.

trumpet77, dflett and daytona355 like this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Congrats you have beaten the worlds media circus with this 'news' ..or maybe not ?

18. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

What say you know about Mad Max?? Hamilton had some not so nice things to say after the race.

19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I hope so!! :D

20. DF1

15:19

Daniel Ricciardo insists he has no agreement in place to join Ferrari for 2019.

The Australian's present contract with Red Bull expires at the end of the season, and paddock rumour in Bahrain was that Ricciardo was set to replace Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari next year.

But Ricciardo has played down those suggestions, telling Auto Bild: "I swear I have not signed anything. Not even with Ferrari."

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko added: "There were not even discussions between Daniel and Ferrari."

Ricciardo told Sky F1 at the Australian GP that he was in no rush to sort out his future, insisting he was waiting for a "good deal with the right team", whether that was with Red Bull or elsewhere.

Full story - external site in German

21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yeah, he a ferrari driver next year, that’s why it’s important Vettel gets the title this year if he can, because he wants to end the drought, like schumi did. Next year will be a season of the two fighting for superiority and either Vettel will win that, or he may retire, ideally with five titles, or even six

22. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    I like the idea of Ric and Vet at Ferrari for a few years, followed by Ric and Leclerc once Vet leaves. If he matures quickly enough and adapts to F1 that is. So far he admits he's struggling but it's only his 2nd race..

23. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Ferrari is not a team that employs two #1 drivers. If they sign Ricciardo one would assume that their confidence is shaky in Vettel to consistently deliver over the course of a season.

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think they are feeling they have to make sure they have a talent that has potential to beat max and those around that age coming through, so while Vettel is their ‘now’, ricci could be their future. Ricci would rather be in a ferrari team with clear team orders to a multiple champ, plenty of opportunity to win, than play second fiddle to the ‘race em smash em’ kid I’m sure. Let’s face it, schumi was amazing and at one point, they decided regardless Kimi was coming, and the guard changed despite all of us being dismayed. Vettel is the same as schumi, he will sit there and perform, but if ricci does show CONSISTENT performance of a champion, he would likely be clever enough to play the game and relish a challenge from the younger guy in equipment he has confidence in and with decent reliability, it’s a far cry from their ONE season together when ricci was made to look very good, and his own results made to look VERY bad mainly due to reliability and the adaptation to a totally new car concept

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app