RIP BILL | FerrariChat

RIP BILL

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by johnson, Nov 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnson

johnson Rookie

Mar 19, 2005
    ChicagoSouth of I 80
    Full Name:
    Chris LaPorte
    Im sorry to say, Bill Rosen lost his fight with pancreatic cancer,Thursday November 27 2013

2. Rennmaus

Rennmaus Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    now Passau
    Full Name:
    Gisela & Helmut S.
    Farewell Bill... You had a heart of gold.....
    RIP my friend... You will be sadly missed by so many.. but never forgotten.. :(

Rennmaus

3. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I was SO looking forward to seeing him at the holiday party. You will be missed my friend. RIP

4. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
  5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #5 tifosi12, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was very shocked and saddened when I heard the bad news about Bill. While he was a "wild and crazy guy" he was also a very quiet and private person and didn't let on about the tough fight he was facing when I met him last at Continental in the Spring.

He will be dearly missed by many here in the community, including Skip who can't post here, but I know he is hit hard by this as well.

RIP my friend. You might be gone, but never forgotten. You will remain always in our hearts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    It has been a while since I was on FChat and was shocked and saddened to see this news. Deb and I sat with Bill at last year’s holiday party and had a great time talking with him. As I recall one his real passions were his dogs, Rhodesian Ridgebacks. He shared funny stories from taking them to dog shows and how it was very much like the movie Best in Show.

7. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Is he bill365 on here? I never met him but RIP.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes

He was a terrific guy.

9. matgro1

matgro1 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2012
    Skokie x Peoria IL
    Full Name:
    Matthew Groner
    I didn't know Bill, but I empathize to those who lost. RIP.

10. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I have never met Bill but I wish him good luck on his last journey. It is always sad to see someone go. RIP and I wish well to his friends and family.

11. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Wishing Bill well on his final journey. He was a great guy to talk to and his love of dogs was unreal. Yes Gerry I remember him talking about the Best in Show movie at last year's party, that sure was fun. I'll miss him.

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Very sad. I did meet and talk to him several times and he was very nice and knowledgeable.

13. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    We met for lunch a couple of weeks ago just before he went to the hospital for the last time. It was a very "up" time for both of us. We had lots of smiles and talked about a lot of stuff. The last hug was great. The way I will always remember him. Such a close friend from the first time I met him. We were just at peace with each other. A great feeling knowing such a great guy.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It makes me smile knowing that you went to see Bill and you guys had a real and good connection.

15. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    +1 RIP Bill.

16. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #16 Chelle, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Just one of many videos that I sent Bill over the years...We both liked this one a lot...One of the early greats performed at what I feel was the greatest contemporary performance of this song...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZkFN9oFiXI]Singing The Blues - "Salute to Bix" Bern Jazz Festival 1993 - YouTube[/ame]

18. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    I spoke to one of Bill's sisters tonight. Early in the morning, a nurse came in to see how he was. She touched his shoulder. He looked at her and smiled, and waved goodbye. Tell me these things do not happen.....

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They do.

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad he had a peaceful departure.

PS: if you wonder, check out the accounts about the final moments of Steve Jobs or George Harrison

20. w.Hudkins

w.Hudkins Karting

May 16, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    William Todd Hudkins
    Very very nice guy,

sorry to hear this.

21. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    My heart goes out to all of his family and friends as every time I've been to an event when Bill was there he just made the world a better place for me to be in. I cant begin to imagine the loss his loved ones must feel. I shall cherish each hug hello and goodbye from Bill. What a beautiful human being. May you rest peacefully Bill and find your Heaven to be all you have thought it would be. ~~~My last hug to you Bill~~~

22. johnson

johnson Rookie

Mar 19, 2005
    ChicagoSouth of I 80
    Full Name:
    Chris LaPorte
    I apologize for the short note last week.Bill passed away at 4am Thursday the 28th,Bill went into hospice at St James hospital about 2 weeks prior to manage his pain.It took a couple days to get him comfortable.He never changed, he stayed Bill up to the end.
    When I would visit we had normal conversation cars,old times,girls. his main concern was for his sister.
    There are no plans for wake/funeral he's ashes are to be put to rest in the family plot in southern Ill.
    His Queen Mother is to be finished soon all that is left to do is paint.This spring I'm going to host a celebration/car show in Bills honor Ill post details along the way!

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for the update and organizing this. I'm sure many of us will use that event as a belated goodbye from our friend.

24. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I was able to talk to Bill just a few short weeks ago. He wasn't comfortable as the pain was intense.

Bill through the keys to me one time to his 365 and said take me for a drive. So I did, and after 5 minutes Bill said I want my keys back. "You drive a 12 cyl like a Grandma". So he showed me how to drive a Ferrari 12 Cylinder. I was hooked and bought a Boxer.

I leave this with a memory from 2008. An FCA Drive to the French Country Inn in Wisconsin. Bill's 365 is ahead of me. His 365 also won the award which was presented by the Chef. I know he was very proud of this award.

Ill see you again one day Bill,

Dave

25. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I met Bill at an event associated with the VSCDA at Road America last year. He seemed like a great guy and was very friendly. RIP