Robert Amatruda - casting director/modeling agent ? | FerrariChat

Robert Amatruda - casting director/modeling agent ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Varenne, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Anyone ever heard of this guy or had any experience with him or his company ? We received a letter inviting us to bring our daughter to "meet" with him to be evaluated for TV, commercials, etc.

A quick google searched turned up good and bad. Sounds like he might just be fishing for people willing to part with lots of dough for headshots and the like, but wanted to ask you guys as well if you know anything more. Really not trying to jump to conclusions, but also curious. His letterhead actually says "John Casablancas Modeling" and I *think* that's a legit model agency...?

2. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    I don't know for certain, but it sure sounds like a scam to me.

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Do a search on IMDB;

http://us.imdb.com/search

And you will find nothing by the way you spelled his name. That alone is telling. I worked with both Ford and Elite modeling agencies. Bottom line? If thay AT ALL ask you to pay for anything, they are a scam.

Watch "Show Biz Moms and Dads" on Bravo for a GOOD look in the industry. Scary stuff.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    This kind of thing happens all the time. It is just a way for them to bilk $3-400.00 out of parents for headshots and potential auditions.

DL

5. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

I agree. One of these supposed agencies told my ugly, chubby cousin that all she needed was some good head shots and outdoor photos. A few weeks later they said that they had some people who were very interested and she need to go to Kansas City for more "photo shoots." She forked out a few K and got squat. I have to agree that if they ask you for money it's bs.