Rookies Cruise Night Pics | FerrariChat

Rookies Cruise Night Pics

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, May 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #1 Dave Bendl, May 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a couple of pics from tonight's invasion of five Ferraris at Rookies St Charles, IL. It was a wonderful evening to be out driving the cars.

Tod, Bob, Frank, Skip, and Dan Giacalone were there, and we were very well received.

Bob won the top trophy by default. The judge indicated that only "real" Ferraris have rear deck spoilers, so he gave all our cars point deductions.
    Sorry you couldn't make it Andreas !

I was only able to pull off 2 shots before my camera batteries pooped out. I forgot to get the hot ones from the charger before I left.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

Sorry to not have been able to be there. Would have loved to.

I don't quite understand the statement above though: From the pics I'd say most of the Ferraris had rear deck spoilers. So why did Bob get the trophy? Because he did NOT have one?

PS: If people liked this kind of event, we could do that again at some later stage this year.

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas, it was a joke.

Dave meant a 'rear wing'. :)

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Aha. I almost had a heart attack there: Missing the one and only chance to score points for my wing.

After all my only competition lives in Florida (and you guys thought I was the only looney):

5. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    my son and i had a great time. thanks for making this rookie feel welcome. i look forward to more cruise events this summer. i,m traveling with farmers insurance quite a bit this summer but see some breaks to enjoy the fellowship of fellow car nuts at other events. my 17 yr old son says, "dad i can take the ferrari to the events if you can not go." he has driven the car with me next to him, ( picture HUGE smile), but without me (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!) yet. ITS THE FIAT SYPDER FOR HIM.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I know what you mean. My father wouldn't let me drive his car either and that was only a Porsche.
    :)

Anyway, hope to have you again on June 12 when Dave takes us to the Tower of Pisa. And if you like our events, feel free to join the club:
    http://www.ferrariownersclub.com/online/FOCApp.htm

7. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    sorry i will not be able to make that. i will be in hawaii with farmers insurance.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What a though job. Somebody's gotta do it.

Say hello to Allanlambo. On second thought; strike that.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,it was a fun time. We had a total of 6 Ferrari's there. Kerry from Double K Productions acknowledged the "Ferrari Club". Lots of people seemed very interested in our cars. Some thought that they were New. And,were really surprised when I told them they were,mostly,20 years old,and older. I just may have talked another guy into the Wonderful World of Ferrari....we'll see!...:)

Yes,we kind of "Invaded",but,it was pretty cool. Summer has yet to begin....:)