Rosso bordeaux | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Rosso bordeaux

Discussion in '206/246' started by TonyL, Jan 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6c1750ss

6c1750ss Rookie

Dec 7, 2008
    #51 6c1750ss, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a photo of another RHD flares ( but no chairs ) 246gt . Maranello delivered 9/73 to an Australian tourist who took it home almost immediately . I'm pretty sure it's the only one here . I have posted this photo in another thread as an eg of Oro Chiaro metallizzato paint . Photo taken in 1985 and it was stored in a dry but dusty shed after that for 27 years . It has been gone through mechanically but remains cosmetically original ( ie straight , believe it or not rust free , and patinated ) . We are trying to revive the original paint and one side looks very good .... Regards Terry Forrest
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Nice

3. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    Beautiful
    Deserves its own thread, please

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    OK, I have plenty of pictures of the colour restoration. I will put up a new thread and log the painful (but highly enjoyable) task of re-assembly once I get her back.

At the moment she is being rubbed down with 2000 grit W&D, then polished. The trial bit they did for me looked like glass........have I over restored the paint job, I think so.

5. 6c1750ss

6c1750ss Rookie

Dec 7, 2008
    I don't think you have overrestored it at all . Once you go down the path of new paint it might as well be the best job achievable . The challenge is then to use it in its pristine condition and not stress too much if you pick up a chip or two -in my experience that's harder than it sounds. It really is a beautiful colour , the best I think for a Dino . What are you doing with the wheels ?

6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #56 TonyL, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was really concerned about the bodyshop producing a glass like finish when in fact the car was sprayed by someone many years ago, how can we say, less professional than today.!! Anyway its done I am happy with it.

Stone chips - We have plenty of councils around here bodging road surface with loose stones, so a chip or two will be inevitable.

The wheels are Campagnolo and these will be refurbished.

7. tarngai

tarngai Rookie

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sita Lerdjarudech
    Hi everyone.
    I found this post on google even though this post was active a while ago, I just wonder if anyone could tell me where can I get original Rosso Dino Bordeaux color in California? I’m working on an independent feature film in California about sport cars racing and we have to repaint one of the Ferraris.The crew would like to get a sample of the paint and eventually buy it (or) if you could please give me any recommendations of where to get the paint I would be appreciated.

8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    My local paint shop mixed up the colour from the paint code 20R351. It was then sprayed out to match up against a swatch card to be certain we had the right mix.
    Good luck
    Tony

9. tarngai

tarngai Rookie

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sita Lerdjarudech
    I'm in California, where can I get the paint exactly look like this one.

10. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Speedzone. He has painted 10 or more Dino’s for me.

11. tarngai

tarngai Rookie

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sita Lerdjarudech
    Thank you so much!