Rosso Fiorano for a portofino thoughts | FerrariChat

Rosso Fiorano for a portofino thoughts

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by peppe siciliano, Aug 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peppe siciliano

peppe siciliano Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Peppe
  2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hi, did you end up ordering this? I was toying between this, the standard red (Rosso Corsa) and the PF launch colour. Rosso Corsa is too common, and when I saw Rosso Fiorano in the flesh it looked too dark and too purple. I think it'd look better in bright sunlight, based on pics I've seen. Anyway, let me know how your thinking evolved...!

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I like it. I don't love the seat pattern and I think you might be better off with black calipers, but overall, its very nice!

4. peppe siciliano

peppe siciliano Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Peppe
    I'm not sure, I need to see portofino red in the flesh, I'm concerned fiorano red might be to dark. The standard seats don't look good and daytona seats look dated on the portafino IMO

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. peppe siciliano

peppe siciliano Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Peppe
  6. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I like it. The rendering is a nice red but the configurator is really hard to read for both reds and greys. It sounds like you were able to see the color on their samples which is good. My wife just ordered in the launch color with cuoio. I’m a little nervous as the dealer didn’t have a sample of RP so we are basing off of pictures. Her FF is R Maranello which is a triple layer paint and stunning but will cause big delays for the portofino. The rest of her spec: those wheels, standard seats and black calipers. I agree on the seat comments above about seats and calipers....my 812 has flat black and wouldn’t change it. I have had yellow on others but feels a little overdone now, imho. Congrats! Can’t wait to get ours too.

peppe siciliano likes this.
  7. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I like the seat pattern you chose but personally, I am not a fan of the lighter interiors. If you are concerned about resale I think it may be wiser to go with a more traditional tan color. However, if you plan to keep this one for a while you definitely should go with whatever you find most appealing.

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It's too light for my taste. For any red Ferrari exterior, I would stick with traditional beige or black.

As for exterior, what about Rosso Mugello, I think it's a great looking color.

T

peppe siciliano likes this.
  9. peppe siciliano

peppe siciliano Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Peppe
    Any one been to the factory to spec there car? Apparently it's something that's available to buyers.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C