Rosso Imola - what does this look like Live? close to which other rosso color? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rosso Imola - what does this look like Live? close to which other rosso color?

Discussion in '296' started by DavisJ, Oct 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Looks Luscious

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I ordered mine in Rosso Imola based upon photo's only as I hadn't seen the colour when my order went in. My dealer arranged a spray out of the colour for me which arrived yesterday. It looks fantastic and is exactly as I hoped it would be.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    does it have a slight orange tint in some lighting?

4. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Not especially thought it is a warm colour tone. It is almost a metallic raspberry colour. It works extremely well with Beige Tradizione.

Here it is against Beige Tradizione leather and Beige Tradizione alcantara. Apologies as the picture is mainly of various greens in the foreground. I was putting possible spec's together for my 812 GTS order. I can take better photo's tomorrow of the Rosso Imola next to Beige Tradizione, Cuoio, Cuoio Toscano or a few other leather colours if it may help anyone.

5. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Yes please, that would be wonderful. :D

of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Leather colours against Rosso Imola. These were taking outdoors with changing sunlight due to clouds so are a guide only.

Cuoio 4609 leather and alcantara.

Beige Tradizione leather & alcantara

Cuoio Toscano semi-analine

Crema

Sabbia

Terra Bruciata

Iroko

Cioccolato

Charcoal

Blu Medio

7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Thanks, these really help!

F2003-GA likes this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Rosso Imola seems like a versatile color

9. Dbkiwi

Dbkiwi Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dylan B
    Thanks heaps for posting all of these! I’m considering Rosso Imola and Cuoio and these photos help. Hope I don’t chicken out and go Nero

BigJay2050 likes this.
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO Nero is boring do anything but Nero

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    first decide if you want a sporty look or a luxurious look.

12. Dbkiwi

Dbkiwi Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dylan B
    Great advice. I like the sporty look, but will probably go with something I feel more comfortable using every day. That’s also why I’m considering Rosso Imola over Rosso Corsa. Rosso Imola with Cuoio is winning.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  13. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    try a lighter color carpet w cuoio to allow the seats to stand out.
    or traditioal leather w cuoio colored carpets.

14. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    GameBuoy, Blue360, Jon_N and 2 others like this.
  15. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ what would it look like w lighter carpet)

16. Dbkiwi

Dbkiwi Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dylan B
    Thanks for this. Are you 100% sure these photos are Beige Tradizione? I had seen these and thought it was Cuoio and thought I'd picked this up from either the plate in the front trunk or journalist commentary. Agree it looks great and was thinking this and black carpets only.

17. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    chiose a very contemporary clean seat design. i like the center stripe w two small side stripes. possibly in red(no black carpets then).

18. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Yes. It is Beige Tradizione. I have the same leather in my current 812 GTS.

19. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    GameBuoy, marko.urbac, Jon_N and 3 others like this.
  20. Dbkiwi

Dbkiwi Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dylan B
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share these photos. Both your cars look great, and honestly I don’t know how you choose between Cuoio and Beige Tradizione. They both look good. How do you choose? I want the one that goes best with Rosso Imola. This is my first Ferrari.

To be honest, I’m finding the process increasingly overwhelming. This car is a stretch for me but I can do it and will. When it comes to options, my OCD just wants to tick everything. There are so many options and many of them should be standard in my opinion. CarPlay, how do you not? Reverse camera? Of course. Leather all through the cabin? Er, yes please? Lifter to make your seat go up and down? Yes I want to be able to see!

you have two Ferrari so I’m going to be rude and assume you have a good budget for cars. I also notice you didn’t opt for exterior carbon on your Roma. Why not? I’d love carbon and think the glossy look of carbon really enhances the look over black plastics. But I can’t tick everything.

Both your cars look spectacular

21. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    It's all down to personal taste and your tastes change over time. I've been through the carbon phase a number of years ago now and now only use it sparingly as it has become a bit old hat to me through familiarity. Having said that I have spec'ed all the lower exterior carbon on my 296 as I think it suits that car.

The Roma harks back to the era of the 1960's and for me exterior carbon looks out of place on it whilst to others it looks great. Exterior carbon would be fighting for the eye's attention against Blu Abu Dhabi on the car. The sating painted grey finish also gives a nice texture contrast that enhances the exterior colour of the car.

For what it's worth I'd say that Beige Tradizone works much better than Cuoio with Imola but you need to see the samples in person before deciding which you like. The Beige Tradzione has a much warmer, golden tone to it whilst cuoio is a flatter looking colour. I always look to pick colours that compliment each other rather than compete against each other.

Civiloze, Edward 96GTS and of2worlds like this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    and speaking of your wonderful spec 812 GTS - did you give any consideration to Verde Blenheim when you were choosing a green paint color?

23. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i am shying away from painted brake calipers that shout “look at me”. i just spec’d a new non ferrari sportscar and went w black calipers to allow the wheels to be the attention seeker.