Rosso Imola - what does this look like Live? close to which other rosso color? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Rosso Imola - what does this look like Live? close to which other rosso color?

Discussion in '296' started by DavisJ, Oct 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Cuoio works really well with these darker metallics. The red retain the "pop" but the brightness is kept in control. For the lighter colours like Beige and up, I think brighter reds are better suited, especially on an open car. Went Rosso Coburn over Cuoio w. Chiocolatto on my 812 GTS.

Nero will be rather dull and not even that "safe". I say this because I think Nero needs a very loud colour in order to move the GTS away from its GT looks.

A warm interior really suits the 812 GTS and retain the modern sporty vibe when combined with the modern multilayer reds.

Just some thoughts

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I know I'm probably going to get flamed a bit for this, but seriously reconsider Corsa. The colour in itself flattens surfaces as it has no "effects" to help show lines. A car like the 812 has some very large surfaces, and to me a colour like Rosso Corsa ends up making the car appear big and bloated.

A good way to get the tan colours to appear more modern and sporty, is to choose alcantara. It also makes the colour appear slightly more cool.

Cuoio or Beige T in alcantara along with Charcoal leather dash, upper, steering, rear upper, floor and accents, will look very fresh and sporty. At the same time you retain the warmth of the tan colour which works with the GT aspects of the car.

Apologizing for the hijack

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    to me, the alcantara looks like the cheaper option to leather. leather was considered top of the line. and the alcantara looks like a dirt and stain magnet.

DQSF likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have had zero issues keeping alcantara clean, and my cars are not pampered. It grips well in the seat, feels cool in the summer, and depending on what one likes, offers a different look than leather, which can sometimes appear a bit "old".

IvanRico likes this.
  6. Dino_Argento

Dino_Argento Karting

Sep 22, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Dino Diary
    I had the opportunity to attend an event at Fiorano last weekend driving both 296 GTB on roads around Maranello and on track - an amazing experience! I have a GTS on order already. In my videos you can see footage of cars in various colours on my Insta (@dino_diary) inc Rosso Fiorano, Rosso Corsa and Grigio Scuro (Assetto Fiorano). Personally I think Rosso Fiorano looks much better than the “flatter” Rosso Corsa on this car - more interesting and the metallic colour accentuates the different curves and surfaces. Scuro with yellow stripe and black wheels looked quite striking but again as a flat colour I didn’t think it worked as well. In the factory floor they had a very light silver (Titanium? Argento?) with black wheels which looked awesome and an incredibly bold blue (Corsa?) with yellow Assetto livery which looked like the old 250 GTO in the Swedish flag livery. They were testing a GTS (Rosso Imola and pale blue Assetto) on the road - not for me. Personally am veering towards a silver (non Assetto) to match my Dino (Argento Auteuil) I think with a Cuoco interior. I found the cabin quite “snug” and to make it feel more spacious think it needs a lighter colour. They had test cars with dark and lighter interiors and made a real difference

7. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Funny you should mention that rare shade of Verde. I’ve ordered a tailor made 812 GTS in that colour. Have you seen any other cars in that colour recently?

of2worlds likes this.
  8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Congrats on getting a 'tailor made' allocation for an 812 GTS. I have seen nothing lately in the green you ordered. Green can be a hard sell but for the right buyer it is absolutely perfect! Please share here when Ferrari gets your GTS done. Some people have asked the factory for pictures of their finished car beyond the 3 assembly line pictures. If you can't wait they will move your Ferrari outdoors and take a few pictures for you...:)

Gullwing likes this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  10. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Did you spec the electric lifter on the seats?

11. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    Does the lifter help lower the seat at all, or simply lift it? I test drove the 296 with carbon seats and felt the seat was already too high. I definitely don’t need it lifted personally, but if it in anyway allows for a lower point, I’d definitely consider it.

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Good question. I like the spec, its definitely in the classic vein and very nice.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds and Jo Sta7 like this.
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That was the goal. Classic spec for a car with a throwback and beautiful design.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  15. VegasGreek

VegasGreek Karting

Jun 25, 2022
    Las Vegas

Attached Files:

GameBuoy and zak_bb like this.
  16. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    It does look great but it has this yellowish/pale hue that sometimes comes out that I don’t like. We have a Rosso Imola and a Rosso Portofino at our dealership and I prefer the Portofino. It’s a tiny touch darker but also looks deeper and richer. I have these screenshots from a vid I took, I’ll try to take clearer pictures next time I pass by. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Remember different cars with the same color look different. Rosso Magma in the NYC studio on.a Portofino looked really light as opposed to the SP3.
    Has to do with the flaring, surface etc. The Porto has more horizontal surface on the quarters and it catches the light differently.

In terms of Imola, it it’s Orange pink in the sun which I saw at Fiorano doing hot laps. It is beautiful in the sun, as it changed my viewing angle but for me, it is too light and too pinkish. The GTB looks great in it and in the showroom it kills. Image Unavailable, Please Login

. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

zak_bb likes this.
  18. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    Sounds like the 3 most similar or could be cross shopped are.....

Portofino / Fiorano / Imola ?

Others are flatter corso or more intensely different fuoco etc?

19. VegasGreek

VegasGreek Karting

Jun 25, 2022
    Las Vegas
    zak_bb likes this.
  20. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    zak_bb likes this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Decided to switch my interior to cuoio over beige. Looks richer to me. I think it will retain the overall look I'm going for but make it more special. I'm debating doing the exterior carbon fiber or perhaps painting the plastic bits black from factory. Keeping rosso Imola. If I'm lucky enough to get a 296 VS, I'll do fuoco or magma. I'm trying to keep the overall feel of the 296 as classic gentlemenly racer as possible. The VS I'd spec to be mean. If that makes sense.