Runaway Ferrari Revisited | FerrariChat

Runaway Ferrari Revisited

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by donaldh2o, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donaldh2o

donaldh2o Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Irvine CA
    Full Name:
    Don
    Came back, half reached in/half sat in and started the car to begin tuning it again. Whoa, it was in 1st gear and it started with the first tap of the starter.

Already in the garage, it took off towards the rear of the garage, straight towards the hot water heater. Luckily, there were two rows of boxes packed with household goods, a Fender Twin-Reverb amp, the cotton car cover draped over the amp and numerous other junk piled in the back of the garage.

The Ferrari first hit the amp, climbed up on that, then started climbing onto the rows of boxes before I finally got it turned off. This was a Kodak moment that in the confusion got overlooked.

After the dust settled, both front wheels were nearly 10" off the ground and the nose of the car was resting atop all the garage junk. I started it and backed it off without a problem. Boxes were crushed but nothing was seriously damaged including the car and the twin reverb. The car cover draped over the amp acted as a sort of cushion for the whole thing.

[post]3278[/post]

I didn't realize it but someone was photographing the event.